Remember Aloshan?

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
The issues he is still having with the car still would turn me off as a buyer. I almost contacted him on my trip to NSW....glad I skipped it. Ian lived to damn far away....lol

cwd

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
onemancrew;1850455 said:
I wonder which forum he will join next! Haha

My bet is the Nissan Skyline community!
Don't know don't care as long as he's gone...

spinningheadboy;1850482 said:
The issues he is still having with the car still would turn me off as a buyer. I almost contacted him on my trip to NSW....glad I skipped it. Ian lived to damn far away....lol

cwd
LOL funny about that, bigger country than ya thought? ;)

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Jyrydr;1850528 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Look closely, its not just not running, it's missing a vital component(engine bay)

I was tempted... but not for long

LMFAO...ya, they don't tend to run so well without the turbo and IC pipes.

TrqMnstr

HKS Whore!!!
Oct 31, 2005
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ill say this, while not the hardest vehicle to work on, the SUPRA can get really expensive. I've been a member on these boards for years now and have also seen people come and go. Rather than be one of those people I take my time with my SUPRA because I know it cost money. All you really need to do is read Supracentrals guide on living with an MKIII. I almost became a casualty a few years back. But rather than get all worked up and try to pawn my headaches on someone else, I decided, hey, keep the car because in a few years you'll be looking for another. I bought a beater which is really cheap to maintain and allows me to gather money to buy the things needed to keep the car living well.

Desperate people seem to be the ones clutturing the forum with the same problems over and over again, asking the old questions. "How do I make a billion horsepower for under $500?" "Why did my car overheat after I turned up the boost?" "This car suck"and finally "the partout" These guys will always be around (unfortunatley). But the few that have love will fight the good fight. And that's all I have to say about that ( forrest Gump voice) Jenny...........

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
TrqMnstr;1850956 said:
Ill say this, while not the hardest vehicle to work on, the SUPRA can get really expensive. I've been a member on these boards for years now and have also seen people come and go. Rather than be one of those people I take my time with my SUPRA because I know it cost money. All you really need to do is read Supracentrals guide on living with an MKIII. I almost became a casualty a few years back. But rather than get all worked up and try to pawn my headaches on someone else, I decided, hey, keep the car because in a few years you'll be looking for another. I bought a beater which is really cheap to maintain and allows me to gather money to buy the things needed to keep the car living well.

Been there and actually had the sense to realize that no, I don't have the money to keep going with this at this point in my life. Got the car back in to very good mechanical working condition and sold it hoping that someone else could enjoy it and fix the small things that were adding up that I just simply didn't have the time or money for. There's nothing I'd love more than to be able to take a Supra, tear it all apart, clean it up, and put everything back together properly. But at this point in life, just not realistic. Perhaps one day....

For now, I'll cruise the forums and try and help those who do own one with the knowledge I picked up over the time I had my car and learn new stuff along the way :)

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Hey, $15,000 isn't too bad... you all already forgot about his VOLKS?

I think the whole problem with him was that you have to be fairly mechanically inclined to own one of these, and he just wasn't. What's worse is he refused to listen to advice from people who are. Honestly, I don't think ANY brand car will work out for him.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
TrqMnstr;1851056 said:
There are any number of cars that will tolerate a loose maintenance schedule, and the occasional mistake when working on them. Supras... are not one of those cars.

I had a Miata that I beat the hell out of on a daily basis, only problem I ever had (and it was an oddball, I am the first to report this to Flyin Miata, who has ~20+ years of experience with these cars)... I stuck the shifter between 4th and 5th gears, and that transmission was in 5th gear for good.

So, miles and miles of daily driving abuse, and it only cost me $400 for a new trans. I'd say they tolerate idiots well enough. :)