red line water wetter

89Turbo7M

BLUEBULLET
Jan 12, 2008
area 51
was wondering if anybody has ever tried red line water wetter super coolant runs up to 20* cooler helps control overheating is it good for the supra?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
No, I just make sure my thermostat is new, change it when I do my yearly radiator flush, only use Toyota coolant and upgrade to an aluminum raditor for more coolant overhead room and make sure my fan clutch is still good. All of that will help you to keep cool.

I ran a 7M with a T4 setup with heat wrapping on just the downpipe and a 190* thermostat. That is the stock temperature where the TSRM says it should run at and I had no overheating with the A/C on in rush hour traffic on a 98 degree day. My gauge just read 190-196, I have a digital AEM gauge.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Idk if I've ever used it in any if my supras, but I know for a fact it works because I've used it jn my 06 civic si, it has a digital temp guage that works in squares, and it dropped it two squares, in the summer down here that made my car really happy, I've used it in everything but my supras, I may have jn my NA but I can't remember

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I've used it in various applications, even in a watercooling rig for my desktop computer.

The stuff works remarkably well. One caveat - make absolutely sure your cooling system is really tight before adding this stuff, as it will make parts leak that don't leak with the regular coolant mix. It kills the surface tension on water, which allows it to sneak through smaller gaps. For instance, put water in a tupperware container, seal it, and shake it. No leaks. Add a couple tablespoons of WW, reseal, and shake again. I'd advise doing it over the sink, saves having to mop the floor and change shirts. :)

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Someone posted historically that WW does not work and play well with Toyota Red anti-freeze but does well with the greene stuff. One is an ethelene glycol and one is a poly glycol base or something like that. It may have been IJ, I really can't remenber. Maybe he will chime in.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Someone had mentioned that it left a residue in the overflow bottle when used with red Toyota coolant, but there was really no proff of it not getting along with the red stuff other than that that i know of.

Last edited:

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Are you guys all running cars on the track? If your cooling system is fine then there's not really any reason that you need to use WW. Cooler temp does not equal better running, if that was the case people would just run without a thermostat. If your car is already overheating than there is some other underlying issue.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No but racing or running the engine hard for longer periods of time will increase the temps a lot.