rebuilding again

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
dash is in doors are done. comibnation meter all set to go in the car now i just have to find the right key. after swapping steering columns i realize4d i have no idea where the key is. gonna have to find a locksmith and have one made

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
well i have been having a wiring nightmare. but i found the problem. my ecu is cooked. i have a broken circuit on a board. a buddy of mine has an eletrical engineering degree, so hopefully hge can fix it for me.

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
just finished testing my igniter. it passed after using the improved grounding post. monday ill know if that was my only problem. if this isn't it i'll have to pull the engine harness again and make sure there are no breaks in the wires again. the wife can't wait till this wiring is over and she can have the kitchen counter back.

If the noise filter on the igniter bad is shorted/not connected will that cause a non starting problem

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

thanks to kotu100 for coming down with an ecu. and helping to diagnosis my supra

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
photo.php

this is what was wrong with my ecuthere are two burned spots on the board

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
i think i figures out why i cooked my old ecu. the starter wire was wired to the power ground for the ecu. just wanna shoot the po. but it was my fault for not competely checking every wire in the ecu harness. i pinged most of them yesterday gonna recheck them again today and wrap it back up and put it in the car, hopefully she starts now.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

i was getting a code 14 code 31 and code 43. but after tinkering with it with kotu100. now i get code 14 and code 51. i did the improved grounding mod for the igniter. while its raining also going to check the cps, airflow meter and coilpacks. to triple check they are all still good.

tested the coilpacks and i get .5 ohm on all of them. tested the igniter and it tests good after the ground mod. still going to double check, thou. and i am going test the afm per the haynes manual for the supra. seeing as it is the only place i could find to test the afm. other than just the temp sensor.

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
yeah defiantly making progress. just finished test the cps 160 ohm on all pins. coilpacks .5 ohm on all. also found a broken wire at powerwire to the coilpacks. fixed that. going to test the igniter again in a bit. but passed last night . figure ill double check while i have it all at home. now trying to test afm but i failed the haynes manual test but passed the temp test per tsrm. i have to check the tps i have here and the hac sensor. plus the engine harness has been double checked and passed with flying colors no broken wires or shorts. sohopefully once it dries out around here i can start my beast

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
looks like the rain has stopped. hopefully i can get to the supra today. i am going to replace the engine harness rewire the starter. and try to start the supra today. if it doesn't start now i have no idea what it could be. also i have to rerun the pcv system i hooked it up wrong and it was smoking like a champ.

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
well she lives, finally.starts right up now. still smokes a little bit but not like the spyhunter smokescreen i was spilling out. now i have to put the interior back in and paint her. but for now at least she starts and idles haven't taken her down the road yet.

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
thanks. first step is done.next is to wire up the vpc safc. wideband. and boost gauge. put my radio back in and the interior needs to put back in.
and i am so glad that i don't have the supra where i normally keep it. there is a pond where i usually keep it. all this damn water.

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
i went to do a compression test on my motor today. this white smoke is killing me. but anyway i found that cyl 123 spark plugs were covered in oil and the spark plug area was full of oil. so i cleaned all that up and cleaned the plugs off. took off the vavle covers and found a bunch of rtv caked up and probably not making a good seal. tommorow i am changing out the oil and going to check to see if i am leaking anywhere else

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
not leaking anywhere else. after the oil change i had no smoke for all of about three minutes but i think i am burning all the shit that has buildup over the last few years. hopefully my buddy will let me borrow the dealers plates so i can take it for a little ride and see if the smoke calms down or not.
never got to the compression test. will post up if i get to it today.

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
went to the shop. started her up and found an oil leak. looked like it was somewhere around the turbo or maybe the feed from the block. so i pull the turbo and oil pours from the exhaust manifold. the turbo seals are defiantely junk. so i went and picked one up from kotu100. ( thanks again). tommorow will be dropping in the new to me turbo. and i will be researching how to rebuild a turbo. there is no shaft play in the old turbo. so i am going to replace the seals and hope for the best.