Rebuild questions

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
Am helping a guy put to gather a 7mgte that some1 else took apart. am wondering if these parts are part of this engine and if so where do they go.

a)
IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

b)
IMG_1809.JPG

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
las tpic is the oil dipstick tube, goes into the bottom part of the Exhaust side of the block... about halfway from front to back, just kind of a hole... all the way through the block... angled towards the exhaust side a bit, you'll know it when you see it, i would think.

The first and second pic, I have no clue.

*edit*
it will just 'push' into the block.

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
mkiiSupraMan18;1012054 said:
las tpic is the oil dipstick tube, goes into the bottom part of the Exhaust side of the block... about halfway from front to back, just kind of a hole... all the way through the block... angled towards the exhaust side a bit, you'll know it when you see it, i would think.

The first and second pic, I have no clue.

*edit*
it will just 'push' into the block.

ok i see it. do u push it threw the outside of the block or from the inside and how far down?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Big part will be on the outside, I just pushed mine in until it wouldn't go w/o forcing it.

I used a small hammer and a piece of 2x4 to keep from bending the end up.

I think it sticks through the block about 2-3".

Someone should chime in w/ the other piece... Im at work, but by looking at the piece it doesn't look like anything special to me.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ I'm venturing to guess its the same piece as the first pic, but from a different angle...

I'm curious what it is, if it belongs to the engine

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
mkiiSupraMan18;1012355 said:
^ I'm venturing to guess its the same piece as the first pic, but from a different angle...

I'm curious what it is, if it belongs to the engine

right, it is

nosman4

Nov 10, 2007
Bend, Oregon
It looks like some sort of an alignment dowel for something, it doesn't fit in the block does it? Like for aligning the head? If you look at the side view it was set down into something, because of the shading on the metal.