Really bad body roll any suggestions "VIDEO INSIDE"

DGmk3

DomesticMan sucks
May 15, 2006
Superior WI/(Duluth MN)
Okay I was out with a buddie of mine messing around in a culdasack and I couldn't hold a drift for shit...cause A n/a auto open diff.and B everytime I'd get'em going my car would lean so bad it'd pull the weight off the inside tire...MY question is what's the easiest way to stiffen up the suspention on my 86.5 na supra I was thinking better anti sway bars,,,my turbo has zero bodyroll will a set of turbo antisways go on my car...anyway here's the vid anyway
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/86.5/0/381afcc8-f09b-4028-9394-985e01380f07.htm

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Looks like fun LOL
Definitely go with the sway bars and some stiffer lowering springs would be nice.

Get a 4.30 lsd diff from a n/a with the sports package too!
Look for a non turbo mk3 with headlight squirters at the junk yard, that's the easiest way to spot one.

It looks like you got some mad tyte drifting skills yo!

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
not to sound like a jerk but, your not 'holding a drift' because your not drifting. your sliding the back of the car around the turn, Big difference. learn to drift before saying the car cant handle it.

DGmk3

DomesticMan sucks
May 15, 2006
Superior WI/(Duluth MN)
iwannadie said:
not to sound like a jerk but, your not 'holding a drift' because your not drifting. your sliding the back of the car around the turn, Big difference. learn to drift before saying the car cant handle it.
did you read my anywhere in my post that I claimed to be a drifter noob..I was driving my N/A automatic I'm pretty much limited to first gear for this kind of behavior because the car's a tank and make 0 torque...okay cars with without high hp/tq (AE86 etc) car drift so good because of they have tight susp and LSD...I have an 87 Turbo with big anti rollbars and TEMS and power that car will drift on the hiway okay I know how to drive

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
[/flamewar]
ok, my sudjestion to you would be to get some eibachs and KYBgr-2s because your current setup looks like it isnt doing the job.

how stiff is your setup now, are you riding on stock suspention? is it blown, cuz that might be your first problem

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Dear lord, the english language has been mutilated in this thread, haha.

What is your suspension like now? Do you know what the setup is exactly? I'm guessing your springs are pretty "soft" (hence the body roll). Like someone else suggested, stiffer springs will reduce the roll, but too stiff and you'll have a horrible ride and possibly find the car too hard to control with any kind of speed.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
DGmk3 said:
did you read my anywhere in my post that I claimed to be a drifter noob..I was driving my N/A automatic I'm pretty much limited to first gear for this kind of behavior because the car's a tank and make 0 torque...okay cars with without high hp/tq (AE86 etc) car drift so good because of they have tight susp and LSD...I have an 87 Turbo with big anti rollbars and TEMS and power that car will drift on the hiway okay I know how to drive

well based on your video and your claim you cant drift the car because the car is laking... id say its user error. your doing big donuts and the weight of the car is making you slide a bit, thats not a 'drift'... maybe your post should read 'why cant i swing the rear end around more while doing big donuts'. but whatever i wont drag the thread down any more than it is.

DGmk3

DomesticMan sucks
May 15, 2006
Superior WI/(Duluth MN)
foreverpsycotic said:
[/flamewar]
ok, my sudjestion to you would be to get some eibachs and KYBgr-2s because your current setup looks like it isnt doing the job.

how stiff is your setup now, are you riding on stock suspention? is it blown, cuz that might be your first problem
suspendtion is stock with 200k

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
DGmk3 said:
suspendtion is stock with 200k
well theres ya problem:3d_frown: .

New stiffer springs, sports shocks, swaybars and enjoy, alternatively get some coilovers and swaybars.

They weren't that stiff a car to start off with so of course after 200k miles they are going to be as soft as shit.

I still don't understand why this question even needed to be asked:aigo:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
You fool, replace your blown out destroyed factory installed 20 year old suspension for ANYTHING and it will cure the problem. Get new stock for fuck sake!

Oh, and drifting should not be concidered a form of motorsport what-so-ever. It's a complete embarrasment to racing, very similar to NASCAR in fact.

Ahh, much better. :)

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
mkIIIman089 said:
Oh, and drifting should not be concidered a form of motorsport what-so-ever. It's a complete embarrasment to racing, very similar to NASCAR in fact.

Ahh, much better. :)

i agree, at least nascar is Fast though and has crazy crashes. drifting (what ive seen on tv) looks painfully Slow. the only crashes they have are hitting cones or bumping a wall and ripping bumpers off.

drifting needs to at least have a full course. again what ive seen on tv, its 2 turns and they are done? i guess the tires cant make it more than 2 turns then....

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
WOW :aigo:

That video is phat!

Try the same thing in the wet dude! Where I live we have loads of roundabouts and in the wet they're fun! :icon_razz

In the dry I use 2nd and plant it! Lots of noise, smoke and now my neck is stuck looking to the 10 o'clock position while i'm going sideways!