Really bad body roll any suggestions "VIDEO INSIDE"

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
mkIIIman089 said:
Oh, and drifting should not be concidered a form of motorsport what-so-ever. It's a complete embarrasment to racing, very similar to NASCAR in fact.

whether or not you like drifting, its a fact that it is a motorsport.. simply because it take a motor vehicle to do.

As far as being an embarrasment to racing.. meh.. whatever.. ive been drifting for about 4-5 years now and i really dont care if its a form of racing or what not, all i know its ALOT of fun.. and to me thats all that matters.. ive drag raced, autox, road raced and have pics, vids, people to vouch and by far my favorite one is drifting because to me it takes the most skill and the rush is amazing..

iwannadie said:
drifting needs to at least have a full course. again what ive seen on tv, its 2 turns and they are done? i guess the tires cant make it more than 2 turns then....

yes.. full course is the best.. like the video i posted below..

NATAN666 said:
hehe ya i like how people are bashing him for "not drifting properly"....

that just boggles my mind.

Well ignorance really does boggle the mind.. doesnt it?

watch this vid.. im the last car (white s13 silvia) in the vid.. it will show you how to "drift properly".. and yes i used to drift an MKIII, im the blue MKIII in that old AZ drift mix video..

http://stuff.miscforums.org/NPR.wmv

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ pfft! build it right and you won't have that problem. ;)

-shaeff

MmmBoost

DDS Performance
jdmvigor said:
whether or not you like drifting, its a fact that it is a motorsport.. simply because it take a motor vehicle to do.

As far as being an embarrasment to racing.. meh.. whatever.. ive been drifting for about 4-5 years now and i really dont care if its a form of racing or what not, all i know its ALOT of fun.. and to me thats all that matters.. ive drag raced, autox, road raced and have pics, vids, people to vouch and by far my favorite one is drifting because to me it takes the most skill and the rush is amazing..

yes.. full course is the best.. like the video i posted below..

Well ignorance really does boggle the mind.. doesnt it?

watch this vid.. im the last car (white s13 silvia) in the vid.. it will show you how to "drift properly".. and yes i used to drift an MKIII, im the blue MKIII in that old AZ drift mix video..

http://stuff.miscforums.org/NPR.wmv

ive seen that vid before on zilvia.net... my friend wants your ka-t

/splooge.

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
WOW, I'm pretty sure my stock suspension wasn't even that bad when I replaced mine, and it had 260k miles. Get some Eibachs and KYB GR-2 shocks, best bang for the buck and stock-feeling lowering upgrade around.

-Matt

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
WOW! i coulda swore that thing was going to tip right over.lol.
naw, j/p

but, serioulsy im kinda biased toward the tanabe setups.
i here people talking all the time about the sus. techniques sway bars, but the tanabe ones are thicker,not by much, but they are.
i have the gf210 springs on now and they dont nearly sit as low as the eibachs. stiff enough for these philly streets and soft enough for my lady so she wont be in my ear.
im gonna be getting the tanabe sway bars in january.

for drifting in the NA open. i just put in first gear, turn the wheel all the way in either direction and punch it. the open diff likes to correct itself when doing doughnut drifts so its of no help. also dont be like me an accidently downshift to second gear too fast while turning a corner, you will spin out.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
shaeff said:
^ pfft! build it right and you won't have that problem. ;)

-shaeff

Stock for stock, a KA motor will outlast a 7M at constant high revs. If you drift at all, you understand. Can't slow down piston speed without spending $$$$ to destroke a 7M. Just go JZ and get it over with.

Yes, 7M truck engines suck for drifting. Other drifters have reported the same thing. It just sucks.

But on topic again.... Sway bars will solve that body roll problem of yours. Find that one that fits your style of driving, and you're good to go.

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
RacerXJ220 said:
Stock for stock, a KA motor will outlast a 7M at constant high revs. If you drift at all, you understand. Can't slow down piston speed without spending $$$$ to destroke a 7M. Just go JZ and get it over with.

Yes, 7M truck engines suck for drifting. Other drifters have reported the same thing. It just sucks.

But on topic again.... Sway bars will solve that body roll problem of yours. Find that one that fits your style of driving, and you're good to go.

its good to know that there are some people who people who actually know wtf they are talking about on the forums

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ ok, maybe i should start using the * to denote sarcasm. i know the 7m has oiling issues. everybody knows it. the ";)" was there so you would know i was just fuckin' with you. anyway, there's no doubt in my mind that the KA is a better motor for the task. sheesh.

back to our regularly scheduled program.

(but the point i was trying to make- you can build any motor to do anyting you want, if you feel so inclined)

-shaeff

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Well isn't the KA a truck motor also.

Previous owner of my car was into drifting and by the time I got the car I had a BHG rod knock and the piston was slapping against the head.

Ahhh I miss those days he thought his tems made his shocks sooo stiff just to find out the shocks were non tems.

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
jdmvigor said:
that is NOT drifting...

obvioulsy!!!!
did you miss the part where i said i was using an open diff?
there's pretty much no other way to open up the back end on an open diff.
actually i took that gun it in first gear tip from a nissan website and thought it was comical to try.

cheverlot

auto tec
Nov 5, 2006
south carolina
get some st sway bars I hated that about my supra there is a turn at my house that the body would roll haveing a free point that I hated the st sway bars got rid of the body roll now I can stay in the throtle and go into the turn I got me from suprasport best upgrade that i have done so far

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
PHILLYSUPRA said:
obvioulsy!!!!
did you miss the part where i said i was using an open diff?
there's pretty much no other way to open up the back end on an open diff.
actually i took that gun it in first gear tip from a nissan website and thought it was comical to try.
Pfft you can drift with an open diff but it requires high speed and using momentum to carry the slide around the corner off the throttle.:icon_bigg .

Big weight shift into the corner and hold on, then just apply throttle to straighten back up..

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Drifting is stupid.

cheverlot said:
get some st sway bars I hated that about my supra there is a turn at my house that the body would roll haveing a free point that I hated the st sway bars got rid of the body roll now I can stay in the throtle and go into the turn I got me from suprasport best upgrade that i have done so far

Having tired old springs and 4 blown shocks doesn't help... any supra with suspension in reasonable condition won't have any kind of excesive body roll.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
isnt the STI awd?

very hard to drift with a 4wd car, need lots of traction loss to get that car going sideways :runaway: