Raybrig headlamp VS Kaze Aerocraft

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
Just install the kaze. What do you guys think?

p1832766_1.jpg

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Might make retrofitting HID's easier with standard sizing round headlamps. Not a huge fan of the look, may look good paint matched perhaps? Hard to say. It could be argued with them being pop ups and not seeing them most of the time it could be function > form seeing as the stock housings/bulbs are utter shit compared to any modern car.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Canuckrz;1832847 said:
It could be argued with them being pop ups and not seeing them most of the time it could be function > form seeing as the stock housings/bulbs are utter shit compared to any modern car.
For what it's worth, I only drive with my headlights up if I need the light or want to be seen, so I'd give the looks a pass in my book.

Also, which is which? Is Raybrig an OEM manufacturer for this sort of thing?

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
The stout hood he has doesn't go well with the stock hood struts trust me I know. Also random I'm currently in kuala lumpur airport after seeing this random delight I had wondered if there was many supras here

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335583370.854502.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335583370.854502.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 127

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
Thanks for the comments and view guys. Much appreciated.

I’m kind of bored with my current Raybrig headlamp and decided to try with other rare parts like Kaze.

Finally I found this in the Japan auction, the Kaze Aerocraft 4 lights kit. The item that I won actually has a missing fog light lens and also some screws.
I did ask a friend in Japan to check with Kaze for the missing lens but unfortunately they have discontinued this product for quite some time. The fog lens is made by PIAA and the headlamps are from Stanley.

See it for yourself below:-

p1833180_1.jpg

Poodles – I don’t have the details pic since the installation is easy and straight forward. You just need to remove the original headlamps and the bracket that holding it.

Te72 – Raybrig also produce this headlamp and it fits perfectly with MR2, Supra MK2, MK3, AE86, 180SX and so on.

Jetjock & suprarx7nut – I totally agree with mytmk3. It doesn’t fit well with my stout hood actually. I do have a few pairs actually in my store room.

Mytmk3 – Nope, I have seen 5 MK3’s here and been told there are only <20s MK3 exist in Malaysia.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
What about using blown hood struts? Shouldn't hurt if they're able to hold up enough weight without stressing anything. However, I'd be a little nervous experimenting with a hood that pricey.

Something to keep in mind, if you happen to have a strong wind blow your hood up enough that your hood prop falls over, bad things happen. Ask me how I know. ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Kinda looks like a pair of Chimaera eyes, but on a car... How well do they put light onto the road in front of you?