Ran from cop as he was turning around, got away

Status
Not open for further replies.

r45marsh

Old MotorHead
Sep 22, 2007
Huntsville,Alabama
SupraMario;1473792 said:
I've been hassled for 6 over, and I've told the cop to go ahead and write the ticket and that I would see him in court. I have yet to have one give me a ticket, its happened 2 times now.

Got a ticket for 7mph in a 5mph. Cop was hiding behind a water truck in a community sports area giving everyone who was dropping kids for soccor practice. About 50 of the 'responsible' parents appeared in traffic court at the same time. Judge laughed, dismissed the tickets and then charged one and all $43 each for court costs. Cop was fired a few months after several law suits had been fired over harrassment. (Liked to stop the ladies for no reason.)

jza240sx

Formerly jz240kouki
Jul 18, 2009
New Jersey
Wow this reminds me of a time i ran from a cop lol

This is probably one of the stupidiest things ive done and im never gonna do it again but heres the story i was racing a friend of mine after i got my car back from dyno tuning and all that good stuff and pulled 300whp on a stock turbo sr20 which was the coolest thing to me at the time lol. We raced til about 140(thats when he let off his throttle) when his radar went off about a 1/4 mile away from where the cop was sittin. I dont have a radar so i wouldnt have known. As i was approaching him i was probably going 130 120 maybe and i just gunned it from there and got off the next exit in the next town. Nobody was on the road when i was running from the cops and thats the only reason why i ran. As young and stupid as i was, I didnt wanna put other peoples lives in danger. My friend told me later that night that the cop did try chasing me but gave up about 1/2 a mile down the road lol ill tell ya right now going 140 150 in a drift car is pretty scary especially when your tires have no thread left on them. I havent raced on the street ever since that day.

Anyways, even if you did get pulled over you should have just taken the ticket and fight it in court. I was in the same situation where the cop was driving on the other side of the road and i was pulled over for absolutely no reason except to be harrased. Small town cops dont have nothing to do. I was doing the speed limit and got four tickets in one stop that day and on top of that my girlfriend was late to work. Ticket#1 was failure to mount front plate when i explanied to him why my front bumper was off and i had it mounted on my visor for cops to see it. Ticket #2 was for my front window tints even tho my windows were down. Ticket#3 failure to signal to the side of the road. Ticket #4 failure to turn on hazards. All four tickets were dropped when i went to court:biglaugh: Props to that cop for being a Class A Douche. I never knew that ticket #3 and #4 existed lol i was surprised that i didnt get a loud ass exhuast ticket haha

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
Deny til ya die! But seriously, evading over something petty like speeding can cost you a lot more than the ticket woulda. I ran in my sc 400 awhile back and got away crazy style, but had to ditch, they impounded the car and refused to clear the hold and a couple months later I'm in the boneyard lookin for some cressida parts and walk up on my shiny ass lex. The worst part is I still make the payment every month so my credit isn't fucked. My advice, take the ticket 'cause next time they might take your car

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Tom, I have been there, done that before. This was some time ago (10 yrs ago) but I was the only supra in town and it was very distinctive. I waited 2 days before I brought it back out on the road, and yes I know they knew it was me.

Other then a little harassment, fallowing me around town, or pulling up next to me when I was parked some where and asking "so where did you go the other night". I just played dumb and told them I don't know what you are talking about and must have me confused with some one else.

They couldn't prove it was my car/ me driving with me admitting to it. So if they do ask anything admit nothing like IJ said. They might try to con you into admitting to it by threatening you, but they have nothing with out your confession.

Good luck bro.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
SupraMario;1473758 said:
Keep low profile and don't worry about it, nothing will happen...

hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
DreamerTheresa;1474143 said:
Personally, I'd prefer leave this thread up for the masses to see what a complete (hypothetical) toolshed you and your toolshed lack-of-braincells partner-in-crime there, jza240sx are.

Congrats.

You can add me and various others to the toolshed list. :biglaugh:

High Five!

Lets get a tool shed roll call!

1. Zumtizzle

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Let's see.... where to start....

National Teen Driving Statistics
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers.
16 year-olds have higher crash rates than drivers of any other age.
16-year-olds are three times more likely to die in a motor vehicle crash than the average of all drivers.
3,490 drivers age 15-20 died in car crashes in 2006, up slightly from 2005.
Drivers age 15-20 accounted for 12.9 percent of all the drivers involved in fatal crashes and 16 percent of all the drivers involved in police-reported crashes in 2006.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates the economic impact of auto accidents involving 15-20 year old drivers is over $40 billion.
A recent report by AAA estimates the cost of crashes involving 15-17 year olds to be $34 billion.
Graduated drivers license programs appear to be making a difference. Fatal crashes involving 15- to 20-year olds in 2005 were down 6.5 percent from 7,979 in 1995, to the lowest level in ten years.
Fewer 16-year-olds are driving. In 2006 only 30 percent of 16-year-olds had their driver's licenses compared to 40% in 1998 according to the Federal Highway Administration.

According to a 2005 survey of 1,000 people ages 15 and 17, conducted by the Allstate Foundation
More than half (56 percent) of young drivers use cell phones while driving,
69 percent said that they speed to keep up with traffic
64 percent said they speed to go through a yellow light.
47 percent said that passengers sometimes distract them.
Nearly half said they believed that most crashes involving teens result from drunk driving.
31 percent of teen drivers killed in 2006 had been drinking, according to NHTSA. 25 percent had a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or higher.

Statistics show that 16 and 17-year-old driver death rates increase with each additional passenger (IIHS).

http://www.rmiia.org/Auto/Teens/Teen_Driving_Statistics.htm

Read everything on the page below:

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/transportation/motor_vehicle_accidents_and_fatalities.html

Car Accident are the Leading Cause for Teens

The World Health Organization released a report in April 2007 stating that fatal automobile accidents are the leading cause of deaths among teens and young adults between the ages of 10 and 24 worldwide. The organization promoted a long list of suggestions such as safer roads and vehicles, helmet laws, prosecution of speeders and drunk drivers and better education for drivers and pedestrians. Some of the more interesting but troubling findings from the WHO report and United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention note that fatal auto accidents are the leading cause of accidents between ages 10 and 24 worldwide.

Approximately 30% of all auto accident fatalities involve individuals under age 25.

Auto accidents result in annual costs of over $500 billion worldwide in medical care, disability and property damage.

In the United States, about 2 out of every 5 deaths for teens are caused by auto accidents.

Drivers between ages 16 and 19 in the United States are four times more likely than older drivers to be involved in an accident. In the United States and Pennsylvania, drunk driving is the leading criminal cause of death. There were approximately 17,000 victims of drunk driving accidents last year. Approximately 40% of all motor vehicle fatalities are alcohol related. Frequent drunk drivers are responsible for almost 60% of all alcohol related fatalities. In 2007, drivers between the ages of 16 and 20 were involved in 1,719 drunk driving accidents. In 2006 in Pennsylvania, there were 13,616 alcohol-related crashes, with 545 alcohol-related deaths. 78% of the drinking drivers involved in these accidents were male. On an average day in Pennsylvania, 37 alcohol-related crashes occur injuring 29 people and on an average day, 1.5 people were killed in alcohol-related crashes in Pennsylvania. Interesting to note that on the holidays, 15% of all crashes involve alcohol usage. In the United States, alcohol-related motor crashes kill someone every 31 minutes and injure someone every 2 minutes.

Non-commercial drivers age 21 plus are considered legally drunk when their blood alcohol level is .08% or greater. Commercial drivers are considered legally drunk when their blood alcohol concentration is .04% or greater. School bus drivers are legally drunk when their blood alcohol level is .02% or more. Drivers under 21 are considered legally drunk when their blood alcohol concentration is .02% or more. NTSHA, the national highway and transportation safety authority, has reported that there is one fatality every 12 minutes, one injury every 12 seconds and one property damage crash every 8 seconds, with one law enforcement reported crash every 5 seconds. Surprisingly, we are learning that motor vehicle accident fatalities and injuries are on the decrease. However, they still remain an every day occurrence. Despite technological advances and educational efforts by public and private organizations, defective design of a vehicle still plays an essential role in automobile accidents. We rely on automobile manufacturers to make safe automobiles. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. In these situations, a vehicle design defect or flaw can contribute to an accident. For example, an SUV rollover accident, faulty original equipment or aftermarket equipment could be to blame. Insurance industry statistics show that people in all but the heaviest SUV’s have higher death rates in single vehicle accidents, mostly due to vehicle rollover. Rollovers accounted for 36% of all fatal crashes.

We have seen many cases where defective seat belts, even when properly used, may not properly restrain the occupants of the vehicle due to poor manufacturing or design. Such defects or malfunctions include initial unlatching, “inertial unlatching”, which takes place when the seat belt becomes unlatched during a collision. Buckles without a lock for the latch design are more susceptible to inertial unlatching in which the latch plate pulls out of the seat belts buckle. There is another design defect with seat belts known as false latching which occurs when a seatbelt buckle appears to be closed but is not. False latching causes a passenger to become free from the seat belt instead of being properly restrained. A seat belt is considered to be falsely latching if it pulls free at less than 5 lbs. of pull. False latching can cause passenger ejection from the moving vehicle or serious injury when the passenger collides with the interior of the vehicle. Many manufacturers are aware of information in evidence but refuse to make it public regarding seatbelt buckles and unsafe seat belts and have entered into substantial but confidential resolutions of these matters with law firms representing injured passengers caused by the hidden danger or defect.

Seatbelt litigation, as well as defective vehicle, requires expertise and years of experience in automobile crash-worthiness claims. Seatbelt injuries account for more than 1/3 of auto-related fatalities. Additionally, serious injuries may occur when airbags either deploy late, deploy inadvertently or do not deploy at all, meaning that passengers who may have otherwise been unharmed during an accident find themselves victims of serious injuries. Legal cases surrounding airbag injuries, seat belt injuries, and tire-related injuries are extraordinarily difficult to prosecute and require an extensive amount of experience and expense because it often takes multiple experts to determine what the proximate cause of the accident was and how the scientific relationship between the accident and the defect and manufacturing process is related to the injury and/or death. That is why it is crucial to hire a competent and experienced vehicle accident attorney who specializes in product liability cases to represent your interest.

http://www.personalinjurynewsblog.com/personalinjury/car-accident-are-the-leading-cause-for-teens/

Do I need to keep going?!

Tom, save your speeding for drag strips and specific racing-type events. Everyone else, QUIT REINFORCING HIS BAD BEHAVIOR. Yes, believe it or not, I used to be a kid. I owned an '86 Monte Carlo SS back then, and got a total of one speeding tkt in it. Despite that, I went racing on a nasty stretch of highway with another kid at a time of the evening that neither of us should've been driving in, and that guy went off the road, flipped his car, and wound up dead. No "banged and bruised up", no "permanent paralysis", "DEAD". D-E-E-E-A-D.

I still put out flowers on that stretch of road for him every year. Tried to turn myself in to the cops for it for 5 years straight, they wouldn't take me in because they told me it was a "life-long learning experience". Probably why I didn't put up much of a fuss when I sold the Monte.

Those cops weren't kidding. You don't want that on your conscience, or you don't want to wind up paralyzed for life as I heard other guys that raced that back road had happened. LISTEN TO REASON.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
TomFraser;1473746 said:
I just have no idea what my rights are.

You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to have an attorney present before, or during questioning.

On a side note: It's unbelieveable the amount of bad advice you people give out. I swear some of you are retarded.

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
skez;1474376 said:
how about fuck the police there all maggots that deserve to be burned alive well 98 percent of them anyway

I don't think so, without the law people are free to be complete idiots. You think you have seen crazy people? Well see how crazy they get without the law to beat them into submission. Its just like what happens when you live in an area where hurricane's are prevelant. People go mad, they steal just about anything, some even kill each other over completely ignorant things. One day you may take that back. Im not a cop by the way, im just not an idiot who feels emposed upon because i want to do things illegally.

TomFraser

Drake69;1474367 said:
Do I need to keep going?!

Tom, save your speeding for drag strips and specific racing-type events. Everyone else, QUIT REINFORCING HIS BAD BEHAVIOR. Yes, believe it or not, I used to be a kid. I owned an '86 Monte Carlo SS back then, and got a total of one speeding tkt in it. Despite that, I went racing on a nasty stretch of highway with another kid at a time of the evening that neither of us should've been driving in, and that guy went off the road, flipped his car, and wound up dead. No "banged and bruised up", no "permanent paralysis", "DEAD". D-E-E-E-A-D.

I still put out flowers on that stretch of road for him every year. Tried to turn myself in to the cops for it for 5 years straight, they wouldn't take me in because they told me it was a "life-long learning experience". Probably why I didn't put up much of a fuss when I sold the Monte.

Those cops weren't kidding. You don't want that on your conscience, or you don't want to wind up paralyzed for life as I heard other guys that raced that back road had happened. LISTEN TO REASON.

I wasn't racing... that would be stupid, never have (never even been to a strip)

I wasn't endangering anyone... I travel this road every day to work, and know every little piece of this dead straight road that goes on for 3 miles.
It was midnight, when no children play and every local goes 60-70 on this road, cops know this and occasionally drive up and down it all night

I was getting off of a 16 hour shift (restaurant opens early for holidays and customers did not leave until LATE) and just wanted to get home.

I know speeding is dumb, but I wasn't racing someone down a backroad with traffic and other cars around. I've done this every night for almost a year, not that speeding is OK, but there is a difference between stupid speeding, and (in my opinion) what I was doing.

I do not like being forced into those statistics, as I like to think I am a better driver than most teens, with no accidents, no record, and saying no to the kids asking to race/drift/whatever.

Nor am necessarily proud I had to do this, I just saw an opportunity to avoid a 350 dollar ticket, increase in insurance, the same harassment from cops that i've earned myself through this (they find a kid driving a sportscar, he will be followed, and more)

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Dunckel;1474369 said:
On a side note: It's unbelieveable the amount of bad advice you people give out. I swear some of you are retarded.

...I slicedd open my legg on sum barb wyre erlier this week.

its all pussy (ha ha, I sayd pussy) and red and smells funny and nao i cant walk.

can som1 give me some ideas of whut might be happening???? i dont want 2 go 2 doctor, and have no $$, so i need some halp of things i can do from the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.