Raised Cowl Hood Feeler Thread (DO U WANT ONE)

Would like to have a hood like this?

• Yes

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
CentralComposites;1650711 said:
I'll do either one or both. $150.00 per vent choice. Sound fair?

Kenny asked me about cars with oversized turbo's. Is there anyone involved that needs a little extra room for your turbo? Is it even something to worry about?

Not sure about oversized turbos, but for me I would like to keep the cowl as clear as possible without compromising the structural integurety because I may have a twin scroll supercharger sitting on top of my V8 and need all the room I can get. :)

By the way, your truck looks awesome!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
CentralComposites;1650711 said:
I'll do either one or both. $150.00 per vent choice. Sound fair?
Sounds fair enough to me. I wanna email Tim and see if he's alright with me 'borrowing' his hood design, maybe get some high res pictures for better ideas of measurements... Hmm, wonder if he has measurements? From what he had told me a while back, it's exactly what I want, design wise. :)

Chambers;1650886 said:
By the way, your truck looks awesome!

Very awesome, I certainly wouldn't argue with building an early 50's Chevy one of these days...

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
So i hate to ask a question thats been asnwered already but im on deployment and bandwidth is pretty limited here. What is the price for the deposit and to whom am i making payment? This website takes about 10 minutes to load per page sry.... and thank you :)

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
suprasport91;1651222 said:
So i hate to ask a question thats been asnwered already but im on deployment and bandwidth is pretty limited here. What is the price for the deposit and to whom am i making payment? This website takes about 10 minutes to load per page sry.... and thank you :)

Check out post #92 in this thread. You will find all the info you need. Be safe over there and come home soon!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
suprasport91;1651222 said:

No offense at all suprasport; but, currently, all ten slots are filled. Should someone need to back out for some reason, we'll definitely let you know!

Stay safe! (I Salute while saying that! :))

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
::salute::I know, this is none of my bussines, and I'm not trying to step on anyones toes or tell people what to do: but Supra sport has number seven spot on the list "supra sport91 (I think hes the same person)
Just defending someone that defends our country"

" O.K "minding my own bussines::salute::

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
Ok, i tried to pay the deposit, i think my FPO AP address was causing a problem, i changed the adress to my home in the states, payment should go through tommorow, thank you for the support, now we need you to make some more carbon fibre parts ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Chambers;1651851 said:
I would like to see head light covers in CF, I know there out there now, but having them from one source will make them flow much better.

This is true... I have a bit of an odd combination for my car so far. Nose panel is in plain weave, headlight covers and hood are gonna be twill apparently, bumper is in plain, fenders (if that group buy goes through) will likely be plain as well.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Chambers;1651851 said:
I would like to see head light covers in CF, I know there out there now, but having them from one source will make them flow much better.[/QUOTE
I agree, I've bee talking to Kenny about a few more pieces that we hopefully can have made by Marcus. Along with the HL covers a matching CF cowl and a CF sunroof lid. Here are some pics of an OEM HL cover that I cut for a vented cover. I like retaining the smooth line rather than having the raised edge found on most CF covers. Don't know if it can be molded like this but maybe.
p1651913_1.jpg
p1651913_2.jpg
p1651913_3.jpg

Last edited:

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
CentralComposites;1651888 said:
Lets do plain weave then amigo!

I'll be putting down my money after work. I have nothing against plain weave (in fact I'd prefer to keep it all the same if possible), but if I go plain on the hood, I'm gonna need to change out the headlight covers I picked up... Unless someone out there would want a set of twill headlight covers. I guess I could put them up for sale after I get the plain weave ones. :)

Koenigturbo;1652369 said:
we have a choice of plain or twill?

Ya whatever you want :) I'm ordering in material specific for this project. I have some 2x2 twill in stock but the roll isnt wide enough to cover the whole hood. Anything I use will have to be 60" wide. I'll get some samples of different weaves and options and you all can have your pic at what you want. I can mix and match as well (multiple dirrections in different areas). But please please please will someone order red carbon kevlar!!! :D