Radiator Hose

SinPlomo98

Mar 12, 2008
Spain-Villarreal (East Coast)
I want to change the radiator hose and search only encounter this:

rh-019.jpg

only have 2? And go where? The tube in "L" that seen in the photo is the one who leaves next to the radiator cap or is this another?

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
SinPlomo98;1112030 said:
I want to change the radiator hose and search only encounter this:

rh-019.jpg

only have 2? And go where? The tube in "L" that seen in the photo is the one who leaves next to the radiator cap or is this another?
"L" hose is the upper, other the lower. Supra Sport also offers an upper hard
pipe in polished aluminum w/ hose connectors that is real nice.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
tbcmorris;1112208 said:
Touche......but I don't think it really counts. If your cars running right it shouldn't be used.

Ummm...pretty sure the level in the reservoir increases when the engine is hot, and drops when the engine cools down.
Everytime the car is run to warm-up...it's normal ;)

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
jdub;1112212 said:
Ummm...pretty sure the level in the reservoir increases when the engine is hot, and drops when the engine cools down. Everytime the car is run to warm-up...it's normal ;)

Ohhhhh ok. I thought it was a pressure bypass. In case a condition in the cooling system occured to where there was a danger of overpressuerizing to the point of blowing something off. I didn't think that it played the active roll that it does in maintaining coolant temp. Thatnks for teaching me and anyone else who learned from that.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The radiator cap will prevent an over pressure...that's it's fail safe function. During normal ops the rad cap allows coolant to escape to the reservoir due to coolant expansion when it gets hot.