Raced a Scion TC.

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
So i was cruisin the local strip to meet up with other racers and race. And i ended up meeting up with a Scion TC at a light. Well he ended up taking off fairly quick and then i gave it some gas until i builed up boost and let off so he could here the BOV. So then i pulled up next to him and he asked if i wanted to make a run, so naturally i said yes because that was the whole reason i was out there in the first place lol. (This was the same guy i met the week before but couldnt race because i had fuel cut due to a boost leak. Which was now fixed.) So i followed him to a spot where we were to race. By the time we got there the light was green but we stopped anyway. Then i he told me we where gonna run till the green highway sign. Then i realized oh great he wants obviously to race from a dig. The light hit green and immediately he was about 1-3 car lengths in front. Then once I hit second i started to reel him in. Once I got into 3rd i was right on his back quarter panel and then even with his door. By the time I hit the green sign i had maybe a wheel well on his car and was still pulling away. After that i followed him into a parking lot where we talked and whatnot. He said that the distance we raced was a little under a quarter mile and that i would have beat him, since he agreed i count it. This was/is my first race in the car. Not too hard considering its an auto lol. I did not have the ECT on either at the time of the race because i did not know what it did but will in the future. I do not know how much of a difference it would have made but im sure it would have helped a little anyway. Outta curiosity i asked how much his car weighed and he told me about 2600. He had the back gutted and some other stuff. So he had about a 1000 pounds on me!

His mods where:
Intake
Cat-back exhaust
Racing Transmission
And the car was lowered. Didnt get specifics.

He said he ran 15.1 but he couldn't get traction or he was dumping the clutch i dont remember which he said. Otherwise he said he would be around 14.3ish

My mods:
3 Inch Exhast from the elbow back.
Bigger Spearco Replica from DM
2.5 Intercooler pipes
57trim CT26
Intake from Zankoku
NGK plugs and wires.

I dont know what i run but that gave me a decent estimate. Plus I have the EGR missing off the intake manifold so that couldnt have helped any.
So thats my story sorry if im no good at telling them haha.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
You should have murdered him. Those things are slow and heavy. I doubt he was around 2600lbs. Bone stock they're about 2900lbs, 160bhp, 160tq. He'd have to seriously gut that thing, and I doubt there's 300lbs of interior in the rear of that car.

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
Yea somethings wrong with your car haha. I have also "raced" i guess against a tc.

I was cruising on the highway and this guy in a tc pulled up and revved his engine at me and i heard him downshift. (long story in a sentence).

I just floored it in 5th gear and was still beating him. This is on a stock turbo with a mbc set at 12psi, 3inch elbow back exhaust, hks ssqv and a W58 tranny.

Those things are such bro cars haha.

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
Yea i know i should have probably murdered him lol. And yea i do have problems with my car and thats why im gonna do a compression test tomorrow lol. Big ole' puff of smoke on startup but now its pretty constant. I probably shouldnt have raced him but oh well its gonna end up being a big rebuild anyway. Yea as for the weight i looked it up and it was 2932. But i had not known that from when he told me lol.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
i was cruising one time in 4th going like 40 mph (~2000 rpms ) and this TC pulls next to me and i didnt expect him to floor it, but he looks like he was in an auto since i didnt hear a downshift.
Anyway long story short i floor it in 4th, keep up with him out of boost and around 70-80ish mph finally start pulling on him.
had i been in 2nd gear i wouldve put an 18 wheeler in between us.

1jz twins mbc 14psi, intake exhaust.

dmon

n00b
Apr 9, 2009
Hawaii
lol a racing tranny on a stock car?i have a 04 civic si (the hatchback k20a3 160 hp car), and it cant even hit 14.5( i think) with intake,race header and exhaust.

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
dmon;1345722 said:
lol a racing tranny on a stock car?i have a 04 civic si (the hatchback k20a3 160 hp car), and it cant even hit 14.5( i think) with intake,race header and exhaust.

Yea thats what i was told. Granted you gotta take it with a grain of salt. But anyway it seems others have experience with TC's so it doesnt make this thread completely worthless haha!

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
wow you should of taken that tc by 6-7 cars......with your mods you should be able to run a mid 13 sec pass

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Cycoclown;1347507 said:
i raced a tc and i only have intake and dp and a cutout. at 7lbs i spanked a tc by 2-3 carsish and im auto also. but i dont leave mine in D.. if u know what i mean. L -> 2 -> D (od off.) then OD

You really think that shifting from Low do D makes you faster? :nono:

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
No i dont have any piggyback or any of that. I had a shitton of oil on my plugs when i pulled them to do the compression test the other day. Thats why i didnt whoop ass so easily lol. The compression numbers also sucked. I did shift my auto. Only thing i didnt have on was the ECT.