R8 Style Gated Shifter For My Soarer

1jz-soarer

Soarer
Oct 14, 2010
Calgary
Hello people of the Internet i was looking around on the Internet for an R8 style gated shifter for my soarer so i was wondering if anyone on here heard of it or seen it for sale somewhere. From what i can see it just looks like a thin shifter shaft and the metal plate replacing the shift boot. It might be a lot more then that but i don't know so if you know of any where i can get this for my car or a fabricator that might be able to help me out input would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Heres a few pictures of cars that have them

Audi R8
picture.php

Audi R8 (No Trim)
o7tuo8.png

MK1 Audi TT
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster
0507_03z+Lamborghini_Murcielago_Roadster+Interior_Close_Up_Shift_Gate.jpg

Acura EL
p1781918_1.jpg

This is what the soarers shift boot looks like now
le05a-i00004_l.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Mostly only seen this type of shifter on Italian cars, and a few Germans over the years. Never really understood the point though, just seems like it might make it more difficult to change gear than necessary?

Although, that said, this sort of pattern would fit a Miata or a T56 trans quite nicely, they're so notchy it isn't funny.

1jz-soarer

Soarer
Oct 14, 2010
Calgary
te72;1782353 said:
Mostly only seen this type of shifter on Italian cars, and a few Germans over the years. Never really understood the point though, just seems like it might make it more difficult to change gear than necessary?

Although, that said, this sort of pattern would fit a Miata or a T56 trans quite nicely, they're so notchy it isn't funny.

Ahh well idea shot down. T56 transmissions really shift like that pattern?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Eh, see if you can test drive something that has one. Although the car as a whole was a piece of crap, the Camaro SS I had had the T56 behind the LS1, and it was by far and above, the best part of the car. Granted, that isn't saying MUCH, but the engine was pretty sweet, and I thought the trans was even better. Worth looking into, they're fairly precise...