Quite a Story

Snotcycle

Jul 16, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
So on tuesday i am driving home to drop my friend off then go have coffee with my GF. we get stuck behind this green 4runner going like 20 in a 35 zone, find a straight and pass her, she lays on the horn, whatever. i keep a good pace up on the road but i see in the mirror that this bish is racing to keep up with me. she looks mad.....

Well i get to my streetand flip one to pull up to the street parking in front of my house, and we pass the 4runner coming the other way, she slams on her brakes and i see her backup lights come on. im like whatever and jet back down the hill.

I cut a quick left into a private road/cul-de-sac and turn around, then i see a car coming up the road about 1/8th mile away, fuck....its the 4runner. i roll foreward to drive by her again, she swerves into my lane like shes gonna hit me head on, i slam on my brakes. At the last second she swerves and doesn't ram me head on,

She then proceeds to back into my driver side fender

After which she jumps out of her car and says "im getting your license plate and calling the sheriff"

I open my door and this bitch(40some year old blond with sunglasses) is right in my face, i scream "get the fuck away from me." she replies "ooh you can swear." i say "fucking right, you stupid bitch. im getting your plates and calling the sheriff too"

At that point she gets back in her car, mentions shes calling the cops one more time, and i write down her plate as she drives off. i drive home and see that she lives right around the corner from me, fucking crazy people.
I call the police to report the hit-and-run and it takes 50 minutes and a second 911 call to get two smart-ass CHP biker-cops. The cop sees that the dmg to my vehicle is not severe, im an 18 year old kid with an import, and im telling him the craziest story he's heard his whole cop career. He immediately takes a stance of complete skepticism, grilling me on everything 3-4 times over on details, telling me "this little scratch isn't even worth a report", accusing me of changing my story, not letting me finish my sentences, giving me shit for passing on a double yellow(anyone who lives in the mountains knows passing on a double yellow is practically legal up here), my exhaust, and everything about my car, registration and insurance. telling me he's going to have to write me a ticket for some bullshit.

at this point i almost spit out "HEY, I CALLED YOU UP HERE FOR A HIT AND RUN, NOT A DMV INSPECTION OF MY VEHICLE"....but i bite my tounge

The cops make me drive out to where the hit-and-run happened and show them how it happened, the second cop keeps telling me to take my hands out of my pockets and the first one continues the rude interuptions and i have to plead with him to let me finish my story. at one points he demands "why do you think she did this!?" i say "i don't fuckin know" he condemns me for my swearing, making note that he is 41 years old and something about respecting the law...sorry asshole
He asks me if i "talk to my parents this way" i say "yeah, if they're wrong about somethin"

The other cop mentions something about me modifying the emissions system on my car(i am running a straight pipe) and tells me its a 300 dollar ticket for that, he doesn't write anything up. The super-hard-ass cop tells me he wants me by a phone for further personal questioning i say i'll be at home for the next hour and a half, they never call. what a waste of my night.

I'll be posting updates as i get more info from the insurance company and the police report, do you think i should file complaint on the officers? they were straight assholes.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
that sucks monkey nuts...but you shouldnt pass in a no passing zone...i had two friends die 2 weeks ago when some bitch lady tried that and hit them head on

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If you file charges, you will probably lose. Your word versus a cop, smartass cop or not, you lose. Sorry, but facts of life. They will also rip you to pieces with tickets for your car not being up to code. I don't know what to tell you, but sometimes life just isn't fair. Sorry dude.................lol

I know you want to stand up for your rights, but is it going to be worth it? Tickets, court appearances, having the cops on the lookout for you, etc. You can't put a price on your pride, but you may be better off turning the other cheek. It's kind of like a catch 22, or a double edged sword. Which one is the lesser of the two evils. I wish you the best, and hope it turns out for the best...............:dunno:

I wish I was more help......................lol

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
If she lives as close as you say, in the night go take a swing at her rear fender with a trusty old 9 iron.
to quote the bible "Do unto others" :biglaugh:
eric

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
A guy at work tells me about how a kid tried to pass him on a double yellow. As the kid got next to him, the guy swerved into him, sideswiping him off the road.
The police were dispatched, and he actually got thanked for doing that, as crossing the double yellows to pass is "very dangerous"....

Believe that.... it's true.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
another quote: an eye for an eye. i say you screw up the bitch's car. jbweld the doors shut or something creative.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I agree with IJ. Bide your time, and build some sort of gama powered denting machine that you can deploy from 300 paces and it'll attach to her car via magnetic disruption and create the most irritating dent ever! One that hits the door as it opens so everytime she opens the door it scrapes a little bit! Mwuahahaaa!!!!
eric

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
some of my cousins put the groom's car up on blocks at a wedding. it was sitting about a half inch off the ground and when they went to take off, the wheels just spun. now that was funny/awkward.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
If it's a matter of pride, pursue the matter of the hit and run and accept with grace every ticket you've got comming your way (because if you push the matter, the DA's office probably will too). Just because "everyone else does it" doesn't make it legal or safe.

If it's a matter of cash... suck it up and be VERY glad nothing worse happened.

If you do push matters (far enough to take it to traffic court), make faces at her in court... Perhaps you can get her raging enough *again* to get her a nice padded room of her own for a few days.

BTW - I doubt you care, but all the swearing does cost you credibility. When the Police came out they had you pegged as the average hot headed teenager with something to proove to the world. From what I've read, you went right along with that preconception.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
something very similar happened to me, asshole was cutting everyone off behind me i saw in my rearview mirror, so i speed up to the car in front of me so he can't cut me off and swerve in front of me as well.... that pisses him off and he starts swerving into me from the side and then eventually hits me, i start chasing him, he reverses me and rams me... i call the cops, basically they didn't care and the scumbag got a way. i had his lic# but they didn't care. they said it was my word against his and he could say I HIT HIM and could even sue me and since there was little damage to my car i was better off not reporting it, but that they had it in their records I contacted them incase the guy claims I hit and run.

Basically if anyone ever hits and runs you again, do the "pit manuever" and run them off the fucking road and let them flip 3 times in the gutter... then call the cops... thats my game plan next time :)

At least you know where this bitch lives. If it were me I'd set her fucking car on fire.... but wait a few months at least to avoid drawing suspision and don't leave any evidence LOL.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
While Im sorry to hear what happened I have to step in and at least try to be the voice of reason here.

Posts telling you to JBweld her doors shut or set her car on fire are funny if taken as a joke but if taken seriously are not only irresponsible they are downright STUPID!

Ok, so let me try to summerize what I read here. You got behind some slow driver. You were unable to show a little patience and so you passed illegally (im also guessing you gave her the bird or something to that effect) and this somehow sent her into an uncontrollable rage and made her...a woman of 40'ish...go out of her way to not only track a young man down, but actually confront you physically. Ok now your both being stupid, good thing for her you are not 'roid ragin' or something. Either way, you both ended up letting yourselves get involved in a road rage incident, and it looks like its gonna cost you at least some car repairs if nothing else.

Ok, now the whole thing is done and you have two choices...You can 1)forget the whole thing happened and chalk it up to experience and hope it never happens again. or 2) you can choose to escalate the situation by "paying her back" and compounding your trouble even further. Hmmmm...I'll take whats behind option number 1 Monty!.

There is a couple reasons why this is the right choice. What happens if you get caught in your "payback"? now you have car repairs AND a possible criminal charge...good thinking! What if said "crazy as fuck lady" happens to own a gun and catches you in the act...what if its not just you but you get some buddy to go along and she shoots him...well thats' a wonderful thing to have to live with isnt it? Think Im being overly dramatic? Let me relay a little story for you about a friend of mine.

You see he was the friend of a guy who had was going through a property dispute with a neighbor. Well the case had been dragged through the courts and this neighbors lawyer was a real bloodsucker! So he decides to try a different approach to getting the case resolved. He talks my buddy into helping pull an elaborate scare tactic. They make up some fake FBI badges and go to the lawyers house to "scare" him. Well the lawyer isnt scared, in fact he's totally suspicious of the two men and tries to call the cops. I'll try to make what could be a long story a little shorter by just saying my friend is now in prison for 25 to life for kidnapping, attempted murder and impersonating a federal official. It wasnt his dispute...they were only supposed to scare the guy...he wasnt supposed to go for a gun...thier stunguns were only supposed to be for show....blah blah, excuses, excuses. The judge didnt seem to care about his excuses.

I'm not saying you are this foolish, I hope you arent. But with the rash of posts on here lately of people talking about run in's with other drivers or the law because of some thing they did in their cars, and then all this talk about payback worries me. This is a good community. I dont want to see bad things happen to good people because they didnt stop to think about the consequences. Im pretty sure you are just blowing off steam, and Im pretty sure the posts by others telling you to "do this" or "do that" are their way of helping you blow off steam. But two weeks before my buddy invaded a lawyers home he asked on our gaming clan forums if anyone knew where to get a realistic looking image of an FBI badge...and NO ONE stopped to ask why. Somehow I feel that if anyone of us had called him out on it he would have listened to reason and not done it. I feel pretty bad for his wife and 4yo daughter, they may never see him again.

Ok so what did we learn here kiddies? can anyone tell me the moral of the story?

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
demolisher said:
Yeah there is no way u can win this legally. U know where she lives....
yeh, what he said... do what's gotta be done... wait a lil while if need be,

i had a hit and run on my 87t and i'm still on the lookout for the guy that did it (i still have a piece of his car when he hit mine, not to mention a pic of his plates in the background of a pic of my car)... 60,000+ volt taster to chassis :icon_evil

edit: to clarify the situation... my car was parked in front of my house, they had been in my car, using my cigarette lighter, left it in the street, left beer bottles in my yard, and in my mailbox... yeh, they deserve what's comin' to 'em if i ever find where they live