quick question

SuperAnt

May 31, 2008
Hawaii
sup guyz, I just have a quick noob question.... I'm changing my valve cover gasket and I'm almost got the throttle body off but how do you take off the pcv pipe. I don't wanna force it out because I don't know if it'll break.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I just had mine apart, take some pliers/channel locks and lightly grab the rubber hose and twist to break it loose, then pull up on one side, then the other, and finally the throttle body side.

Hope this helps, good luck.

SuperAnt

May 31, 2008
Hawaii
Chambers;1072729 said:
I just had mine apart, take some pliers/channel locks and lightly grab the rubber hose and twist to break it loose, then pull up on one side, then the other, and finally the throttle body side.

Hope this helps, good luck.

thanks mang, I'm gonna go try it now....

SuperAnt

May 31, 2008
Hawaii
awwrritteee....I got that pcv pipe hose off. I ended up ripping it. Changed the valve cover gasket and my spark plug was covered with oil. Fixed that by changing the no. 3 gasket. Put everything back and I'm done. Wow and that was the first time doing that. :icon_bigg

Now I'm planning to do my suspension.... I have TEMS does that mean I need to get suspension with TEMS or can i just get regular ones? planning to go tokico/eibach. Don't have much money for coilovers.

SuperAnt

May 31, 2008
Hawaii
suprarx7nut;1080855 said:
If you want to keep tems, I think you only have two options. Tokico Illuminas, or the pricey TRD ones. Not sure about the TRD ones.

oh, so I can actually get rid of tems? I can put the one without tems and put everything back the way it was with the actuator or I have take out the actuators? sorry don't know anything lol....

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
You could, I just replaced the oem springs with eibach pro lowering springs, and still have TEMS ;) The stance is nice also, they lowered the car about 1 1/4" all the way around, and the best part I got them for $199 shipped from suprastore, (I think some how they forgot to charge me for shipping :dunno:) since the clerance price was 199 :slap: .

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
92nsx;1081014 said:
You could, I just replaced the oem springs with eibach pro lowering springs, and still have TEMS ;) The stance is nice also, they lowered the car about 1 1/4" all the way around, and the best part I got them for $199 shipped from suprastore, (I think some how they forgot to charge me for shipping :dunno:) since the clerance price was 199 :slap: .

On stock struts? They won't last long...

92nsx;1081015 said:
Double post,. computer must be slow this morning.

SM features a "delete post" function. Go to edit, then "go advanced" then hit delete. :)

86yota

Feb 17, 2008
upper darby ,PA
i have illumina II's on my car after replacing the originals it rides likes bear They are great shocks. Next i have to get the eibach springs to complete the look i just bought Konigs 17's so i gotta make that cap disappear.

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
I don't like how Eibach springs are variable height, basically means you don't know the actual lowering that your getting until they "set" as it were. I haven't research Intrax, but I know RS-R RaceSprings are set height, and they offer a pretty good ride. JAV has them, and I hate riding in my car directly after his! We both have KYB shocks, but he has the RS-Rs.

Check em out
http://www.rs-r.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=23&idproduct=73

I think CK might still sell them too

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
variable hieght/set height.... springs??? what the hell are you talking about?!

ALL springs require time to settle and level per the constant load on them... period it's a matter of physics.

There is the difference of progressive versus linear, but that has NOTHING to do with height.

SuperAnt

May 31, 2008
Hawaii
I'm gonna go check out those rs-r....thanks....and basically I just want drop springs that has the lowest drop on them.... any of you guyz know of one?

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
SuperAnt;1082169 said:
I'm gonna go check out those rs-r....thanks....and basically I just want drop springs that has the lowest drop on them.... any of you guyz know of one?
Eibach's are progessive springs, means the more they compress the tighter the spring gets. I have them and KYB's got almost 2" drop all the way around. They say I think you can expect 1.5-1.75. The cost was reasonable and they handle a lot better than stock, especially old worn out stock ones:)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I think the RSR's and the H&R's look too low in general. The wheels creeps into the wheel well and it looks too ricey for me unless it's on a track car. The Eibachs give a good lowering and make the car look NATURALLY lower. Same goes for the whiteline, ST and a few others that are more after performance than "looks".

Unless you plan on rolling your fenders and scraping your exhaust going to low might turn into a pain in the ass.

There's my .02 cents whether you like it or not. :D

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
CRE;1082133 said:
variable hieght/set height.... springs??? what the hell are you talking about?!

ALL springs require time to settle and level per the constant load on them... period it's a matter of physics.

There is the difference of progressive versus linear, but that has NOTHING to do with height.

Wow, I shouldn't post during a week of intermittent insomnia, thought I said something completely different!
On that subject, that was the main reason I don't like the eibachs, I'd rather have the predictability of a linear spring than a softer ride.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Jervis Mcstabby;1082404 said:
Wow, I shouldn't post during a week of intermittent insomnia

No you shouldn't.... as me how I know. ;)

You should also further explain your position when making a statement like the one you intended... not required, just polite. I know that had I not done my research and just bought linear springs for my DD I would have been VERY unhappy. Anything's better than 20yo stockers, yes. However, the situation and the driver need to be considered in EACH INDIVIDUAL situation... unfortunately, EACH INDIVIDUAL needs to be reminded of this as well... sigh... if on;y people would read the faq and search and remember that they're individual and their tastes may vary from that of others. (What was just said about posting + insomnia???)

I'm off like pants... let's try this sleep thing.

SuperAnt

May 31, 2008
Hawaii
thanks for the good info guys. It's final I'm gonna go with tokico blue/eibach... probably get it next month.... around 2" is the perfect drop for me....too much bumps and pot holes where I live.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The suspension design is progressive, meaning a linear spring acts progressive to a certain extent.

The main complaint about progressive springs is that when pushed hard the car can be unpredictable...