quake vs 73 dodge dart

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
So i've been building my car up for some time now and finally feel happy with the power output on pump gas (500)rwhp. So i call up a good friend of mine to tell him the news. He runs a speed shop and builds cars too at this time he has a dodge dart. He put down 570tq and 530hp on an engine dyno. Now he told me he wanted to race me when i was ready, so we set it up.

Night falls and i meet him at his buddys house and see his car for the first time. It looks sick, like a full on race car it had a tubed rear, no back seats just sheet metal and skinny's on the front and mt slicks in the rear. I just laughed cause i was like no way i'll beat that and when the cops see it on the road you will get pulled over.

So we hit the highway and we both line up and hit it. I spun tire through 2nd and 3rd( stock wheels) cold damp ground. Finally we hit dry ground and i hit it at 4k in 2nd and we were dead even so i hit 3rd then 4th i let off at 120 or so and was like damn!! we were side by side. He's running 410's in his rear as the car was built for the 1/4 only and the 7m kept up. :icon_bigg We talked later and he's expecting 10's out of the car so i am happy. This was on pump gas at 19.5psi.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
shaeff;1259019 said:
Cool. :)

Mods?

3.5" down pipe

3.5" cat back custom

Stinger ems

built motor

forged rods/pistons

1000cc injectors

gharrett intercooler

67mm .84ar turbo

twin blowoffs

dual pumps

6 angle valve job

port and polish

delta cam

header , act 6 puck clutch

rebuilt trans 5 speed

tial 44mm wastegate

msd dis-4

3" intercooler pipe and q-45 throttlebody

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Sounds like you've got a potent setup there. Congrats, that's sweet! :)