Project Lex (aka: Teh Bean) '92 SC300

SRA

Oct 11, 2010
Eglin Afb, FL
the car and the build is looking good. the sc300 if going to be my next purchase even if i have to give up my wife.

Halon

Nov 25, 2010
Minnesota
Get to pick up the new stereo tomorrow at DHL. I gotta drive to friggen Bloomington to get it though, booo.

And the brake lines are done, front and rear :) The rear was easy, I just had to make a single short line from the master cylinder to the bottom of the firewall as that is where the stock line going to the rears is. Pretty simple, actually just reused some of the old stock line that I had ripped out. Appears to be leak free :D Now that I've done it once, I feel like I could do a better job, so if I have some free time left over at the end of winter, I may actually redo it with stiffer line, and do a cleaner job. But for now it looks OK, and appears it's working so I can at least move on and focus on other things!

attachment.php

Halon

Nov 25, 2010
Minnesota
Big thanks to brownman for coming over and manning the brake pedal. Brakes are bled. Took it for a quick spin around the block and they seem to work great! Damn near had a flat tire however which was random but oh well.

Also got some new shit today as well.

Stereo (round 2)
attachment.php

Stopped at MAP and picekd up the Pro Sport Boost Gauge and Depo Wideband kit. These things are a perfect match, even the boxes were pretty much the same!
attachment.php

attachment.php

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
awesome build, your ither going @ this like a madman or youve been working on this for sometime and just started the thread. regardless, keep up the good work. it would be nice to see a good megasquirt build. In the talon, did you ever run methanol? and do you consider running it on this build?

Halon

Nov 25, 2010
Minnesota
I picked this up in September, so I started this thread over here a little late as I'm a noob over here.

And I ran E85 in the Talon for about 4 years. That's what this will be running as well. As long as E85 is readily available at the pumps I will run it, it's good stuff. But no methanol or NO2 or anything like that in the plans at this point.

Last edited:

Halon

Nov 25, 2010
Minnesota
Stopped up at DB Performance and picked up my new FIC injectors from Shane.

Thanks again for the help and great price :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Halon

Nov 25, 2010
Minnesota
Phase 1 of the MS3 install is done. All I did was install all the wires that were "tapped" into the existing wires (meaning I didn't do any of the wires that required me to cut them). This was simply so the car would still start and be running completely on the stock ECU, but the MS3 should turn on, and I should be able to play in the software. Here's some pics:

Work area setup :)
attachment.php

Wires tinned
attachment.php

Soldered, heatshrinked/elec taped
attachment.php

Quality Inspection performed by Freckles
attachment.php

Dangling for the time being. This is where it'll be mounted however. Not completely hidden, but out of the way for the most part, and easily accessible if need be which was my goal. You can see the strips of masking tape with little dots on them. That is where it will be once it's installed permanently:
attachment.php

And last but not least, a little startup vid. Like I mentioned before. I'm trying to go 1 by 1 with the car here. So since everything I hooked up so far was non-intrusive so to speak, all I'm doing here is making sure that I didn't mess anything up while I was down there, and that the car starts up with no problems and there's no magic smoke coming out from anywhere :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAh9RnbQE6k

Again, big thanks to Jordan (Shaodome) for his help.

Last edited:

Halon

Nov 25, 2010
Minnesota
Thanks once again to Jordan, and also Dave, for their help the last couple days. The MS is communicating with TunerStudio on my Netbook. Had a slight issue with the cam input but got it all worked out. So right now TunerStudio is up and talking just fine, and all the signals that I'm bringing in appear to be logging just fine. One thing I have noticed is that MS seems to read about 200rpm higher than my tach (when I put my tach at 2000, MS says 2200) no idea which is more accurate but whatever not a huge deal I don't think.

So anyhow, that's it for now, thanks again to those who've been helping me. This upcoming weekend I'm hoping to wire in the Injectors and Igniter wires so that MS is then in full control of ignition and timing, and hopefully have some sort of base map from Jordan so I can bring the car to the local dyno (DBPerformance)and get a complete tune done and the car running on Speed Density.

goodhart

Jul 8, 2010
Cambridge , MN
mitsustyle.com
Halon;1656827 said:
One thing I have noticed is that MS seems to read about 200rpm higher than my tach (when I put my tach at 2000, MS says 2200) no idea which is more accurate but whatever not a huge deal I don't think.

I have noticed while using RomRaider and ECUFlash also, that the WRX and my Evo have done the same thing. The gauge reads about 1,500-3,000 rpm higher than it really is.