Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
It does look a little lighter, although I won't truely know until I see it in natural light. The light in the pics was from me holding a 100w shop drop light since the flash really screwed up the pics lighting. I think it may be lighter due to the primer being lighter than what the body was painted with.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
wowww, I would of been pissed when that thing got hit, it was so clean. But it's great you kept going. Someone wrote off my sl500 and the cops put me at fault, it was rhd too. So I ended up going back to supra, 91 jza70 r edition from my first car a 87 turbo targa and I definately gotta say 1jz is so much funner.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Trust me, I was furious. The indents from my knuckles are still in the headliner of my Supra. It's come a long way and it's far from done.

Update for today, I cut off the rear wing thing on my spark plug valley cover and did some mocking up of the cover with spacers. Looks like I need 1/2" spacers to get the right look. I'll pick those up along with some longer bolts in the morning. I decided since I have all this leftover color matching paint that I'm going to clean up a little more of my engine bay and paint the spark plug valley cover, the cam gear cover, the radiator hold down brackets, and all the bolts that hold those parts down. It should be a pretty good look when done.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
honestabe;1617636 said:
Trust me, I was furious. The indents from my knuckles are still in the headliner of my Supra. It's come a long way and it's far from done.

Hardcore man, you left marks in headliner and punched the softest thing in the whole car next to the seats lol. your my new hero. i wanna grow up to be just like you all big and strong.... jk lol you know i kiddin. But i've done close to the same thing when i threw the camaro into reverse on the freeway doing about 100mph :p but it was my dash, but now i have a bunch of monster import lid stickers to cover up the crack :) and reminds me of how much damage im doing to my body probably.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
honestabe;1617716 said:
LOL. The headliner is far from soft, trust me.

i think your just weak my friend?!? wussy lol
punch somthing really hard next time like the engine block, or take off the head and hand it from the roof and use it as a punching bag. thats what i do everyday when i wake up. Take a good workout punching the 7m head

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I picked up some new longer hex head screws to hold down my spark plug valley cover, along with some longer stainless steel inserts. The inserts are slightly smaller than the ones that were in the cover so I had to super glue then JB Weld them in place. I got 1 insert that wasn't the right length so I'm swapping it tomorrow morning and putting in the final 2 inserts when I get home. Here's a mock-up view of the modified cover in place at it's new height and without the rear wing thing. Also, here's the hardware that goes with it. The 2 large bolts are for the radiator hold down brackets which are also going to be painted.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I primed and painted everything. The plastic parts (i.e. the spark plug valley cover and the cam gear cover) got a special primer that's clear while the hardware and radiator hold down brackets got a white primer. Here's the result after a couple coats of paint. I think I may have to sand down and repaint the cam gear cover on the top since I have a deep scratch that I didn't notice before.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
lol now with the valley cover on you can lie to people and say "OH ITS STOCK" lol. just say you did alot of painting, thats why it looks so good.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

btw on the front of the timing cover looks like i can see spray lines "un-equal spray"

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
LOL Trevor. I am repainting the cam gear cover because I have to sand out the scratches. It's not easy painting with paint that has a ton of metal flake in it, especially from a rattle can.

Thanks Gord. I'll put the parts on the car when the paint drys (aka when I get home from work tonight). I'm not in flash chat at 2AM because I have to be up for work at 8AM. I'll be on tonight around 8PM.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The spark plug valley cover is installed and I bolted down the radiator hold down brackets and put in place the cam gear cover to show the end result. I'll sand down and repaint the cam gear cover in the next couple days, after the paint has had more time to cure (still too soft right now).

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
honestabe;1618707 said:
The spark plug valley cover is installed and I bolted down the radiator hold down brackets and put in place the cam gear cover to show the end result. I'll sand down and repaint the cam gear cover in the next couple days, after the paint has had more time to cure (still too soft right now).

Looks good bro

Sent from my Droid