Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks Duane :)

I got my power distribution block today and installed with the help of bolt cutters. I also realized I had a badass battery terminal connector that's designed for car stereo installs laying in my spare parts bin, so I installed that (also with the help of bolt cutters). For some reason my drivers seat doesn't have power right now so I need to check the drivers fuse panel tomorrow. I need to get it power to be able to pull it out (or atleast hotwire the damn thing).

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Small update, I put back on every wheel and fender liner except the front passenger wheel and fender liner (since it doesn't line up at all and I'm getting an 86.5 parts car next Tuesday), painted the radiator hold downs since they were looking rough, and removed a useless bracket from my diagnostic port.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well I know it's been a few weeks since I last touched the Supra. I've been busy and broke, so the Supra's been on the back burner. I got the itch tonight so I finally did a little something. I got a list together of some little parts I need for the engine bay as well as did 99% of the masking for paint on the flushmount lenses. I'll get what I can tomorrow on my way home, hopefully I can pick up a few things and get things rolling again. Sorry, no pics of my masking job, lol.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
So I actually accomplished something today. I got a -12 braided stainless line and the needed fittings to create a new valve cover vent tube. I also trimmed my new intake pipe and installed the brass fitting into it for the SS line. I wrapped the ends of the braided SS line in aluminized duct tape that's super sticky and helps reflect heat. Much thanks to Trevor (NorthWestSupra) for helping me with my SS lines and showing me what I was forgetting to do in installing the AN fittings onto it. Here's 2 pics of the final product.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Sooo yeah, I just ordered an ATI Super Damper crank pulley from Summit Racing since they had the best deal. I'll put my interior back together this weekend. Tomorrow I'm getting the breather filter I need for my ISCV if I can get it locally, along with ordering my color matching paint for my headlight lenses.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I had to cancel the purchase of my ATI crank pulley due to purchasing my wife her first vehicle and it needing some cheap immediate repairs to make it safe. But there is good news, I picked up a can of adhesion promotor (primer for plastics) as well as a pint of color matching paint and had an aerosol can filled with it. I masked off the lenses fully (top and bottom and sides) and then put down 4 good coats of the adhesion promotor and the color matching paint. It looks really good, but I'll get to see the final result tomorrow. If need be, I can spray a few more coats of color on since I still have a ton of the paint left in the can :)