Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Oh, you mean that big ass wire loom running across my firewall? Yeah, I do want to relocate that so that it's hidden. Only thing stopping me is the fact that several wires are hard wired in and I can't open either of my doors fully to pull out the dash.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Big news, I finally picked up my ViPEC V88 and harness today (530 miles round trip). Next step, I have to wire in my wideband and a 12v source to it, and figure out how to mount it. Please excuse the shitty pics, my regular camera needs batteries right now.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
I am thinking of running my harness into the fire wall in the stock JZA70 location I have the rubber grommets from that clip I recycled. I am even tempted to see if I can mount the ecu on the left side or the car.I am going to goof around with it before I finalize it.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
LOL Ian. With as much as you've spent with them, I'd sure hope they atleast gave you a bulk discount or something of that nature. From what I've read about the V88, it really is a well designed unit, mind you I don't know what most of those features do lol.

Matt, I'm sure you can, you just gotta figure out where to mount it and where to drill the hole since it is a pretty large hole.

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
honestabe;1468956 said:
Big news, I finally picked up my ViPEC V88 and harness today (530 miles round trip). Next step, I have to wire in my wideband and a 12v source to it, and figure out how to mount it. Please excuse the shitty pics, my regular camera needs batteries right now.

borat-very-nice.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
So I finally got around to pulling out the engine wiring harness and cleaned that up quite a bit. I removed many wires that were going to nothing and had to cut and solder 2 wires that were going through another connectors wiring (making it impossible to separate the 2 connectors). I also moved a vacuum line and cut back the vent tube from the gas tank another foot so that it'll be completely invisable when I put the manifold and all the stuff that connects to it. I re-taped the harness and the individual connector wiring sets to clean things up and should be getting my split loom wrap shortly to protect the wiring. Tomorrow I'm going to remove my heater since I never use it anyways and look for a good place to put the wiring harness through the firewall.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
With the help of my friend Spencer, a lot was accomplished tonight. We got the dash removed, the heater core removed, a lot of wiring removed, most of the A/C ducting removed (all but the 2 pieces that go under the carpet next to the transmission tunnel), and the support brace and mounting bracket sanded and painted with rust prohibitor paint. BTW, Toyota is retarded for using regular steel as a support brace since the whole thing rusts pretty badly.

11jt2li.jpg

r27rcn.jpg

adnaew.jpg

2vb6k4p.jpg

6htahc.jpg

15ed0k5.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I talked with Aaron at Driftmotion yesterday and we both found out that MVP is saying it'll take atleast another 5 weeks to finish making the 1JZ fuel rails. Mind you I ordered my fuel rail about 2 months ago, and I know Aaron placed his mass order with MVP some time before I did (no clue how much earlier before me). Both myself and Aaron are very pissed to say the least with MVP. I can't say for sure about Aaron, but I will never order from MVP ever again. I've found a new supplier of 1JZ fuel rails, and have hooked Aaron up with his contact info. Tomorrow (well, today technically) I'll order my fuel rail from the new supplier. And yes, Aaron will be issuing me a full refund for my fuel rail. I also found quite a few GM 3 bar MAP sensors on Ebay with pigtails for under $50 shipped, so I'll be ordering mine very, very soon. Lastly, I talked with my fabricator who promised me my flushmount boxes to be done by Saturday.