Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Today I finished up the passenger side flushmount, relocated and mounted the ballasts for the HID's, did the majority of the work on the drivers side flushmount, and then proceeded to remove the stupid engine wiring harness cover and remove the ignitor wiring as best I can without pulling my engine. I folded the wires back on themselves and heat shrinked them to protect them. I still have a couple wires to trim away, but I'll do that tomorrow.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Trimmed off 4 more wires from my engine harness (previously I cut and capped them), re-wrapped a couple wires from 2 connectors, removed and repaired my knock sensor (what a pain in the ass, even with the intake manifold gone), and I recieved a new bottle of ATE Superblue brake fluid, so I bled my brakes too.

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
0910143.jpg

I looked at that pic for probably 10 mins saying to myself "wtf s that"... didnt see the "Brake Fluid" in the middle of the can...

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
ROFL. It's damn good stuff. About $22 per liter, but worth every penny. And because it's blue, you can easily tell when you've flushed out your old fluid. Racers who use it alternate between this stuff and the purple stuff so they can tell when they have fresh fluid.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Nothing big done today, but the rear wheels are back on (not the front because I still need access to behind the front fenders, and the wheels being off helps a lot), and I realized my steering wheel was on seriously crooked (not straight up when the wheels are straight) so I fixed that and then realized that the screws that hold the steering wheel on are all rusted, so those all got replaced. That's all.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well I decided to work more on the lights, and I ended up getting the mock-up complete. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can adjust the passenger side fender light down some. The boxes are complete though, as are the lenses. Yes, I did use hot glue as a filler since I cut away too much material. I'll probably end up borrowing a piece of wood from the neighbor and making new copies of the lenses and fine tune them. The main task at hand tomorrow, start cutting the polycarbonate and glue pieces together.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
FedEx brought me the gift of my 1zzfe coils and connectors today. They look brand new. I got the polycarbonate cut for all but the front piece on the flushmount boxes. I glued these pieces together with some acrylic glue. The stuff works pretty good and fast. In case you're wondering about the blue, that's just the protective film that I haven't removed yet. I also took my pair of spare strut tower rings and ground off the paint so I had bare metal and then glued them together with JB Weld and clamped them in place so I can make my own brake master cylinder brace.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Wanna sell the 1j coil packs with the brackets? I assume that you are on HID planet. I was wondering.. With all the work into your flushmounts why not spend the extra money and get better projectors (IMHO) for your kit. We did the TSX retrofit into my buddies GTR and the cutoff is insanely crisp.

BTW not busting you balls genuine question

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
JonnyRedline;1430551 said:
lookin good dude!

Thank you

SURUKO;1430559 said:
nice progress happy to see ur powering up and youll get to your goal in no time keep up the good work man ;)

nice coils :yumyum: :drool:

Thanks, I still have a lot of work to do though before I'm done.

mattsplat72;1430607 said:
Wanna sell the 1j coil packs with the brackets? I assume that you are on HID planet. I was wondering.. With all the work into your flushmounts why not spend the extra money and get better projectors (IMHO) for your kit. We did the TSX retrofit into my buddies GTR and the cutoff is insanely crisp.

BTW not busting you balls genuine question

I can sell you the brackets for the 1J coils, but the coils and ignitor are already sold. I'm not on HID Planet actually. I think I will get TSX projectors since they're about the same cost as retrofits.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
mattsplat72;1430994 said:
With the TSX's you wont be sorry. Go Sign up on HID planet it has a shit load of good info

Thanks, I will.

I didn't touch the coil mounts today. I did however do some serious work on the flushmount boxes. I created some mounting brackets, trimmed off the top of the passenger side light box, and trimmed the edges of the boxes. I also noticed I didn't have bolts holding in my drivers side of the upper nose support, so that got fixed as well.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well I had to remake one of the mounting brackets for the passenger side box today. I also finished up the mounting of the drivers side light and made up the template for the light cover (it'll cover the actual lights and make them hidden). I also cut the holes for the drivers side lights. I just have to adjust the lights and then seal them.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
So yeah, I decided enough was enough and that big ugly red cable had to go. I re-routed the cable inside the passenger wheel well and had it come out the hole where the windshield washer reservoir neck used to go through. The wires that went into the power block were all extended with some good 8 gauge wire, and the starter wire was replaced with a new 4 gauge wire (previous wire was something like a 6 or 8 gauge). I also removed the circuit breaker as well as about 6-8 feet of 2 gauge wire. Split loom was put in places where rubbing might occur. All the wires that were extended were routed in front of the radiator next to the previous power cable that went through there.