Project Cherry Widebody, finished! (New pics on post #451 and #511)

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Looking good so far Brad! Randy, you might be doing something like that to mine, in the not-so-distant-future!:x: Not the widebody, but a serious fender roll, and pull! Looks awesome so far. Can't wait to see it finished!:yumyum: :icon_bigg

P.S. The dude you bought the cf cowl hood from, is now rollin' in a 94' black on black TT, w/ HKS carbon TI, Greddy fmic. catless dp, Racing Hart 18's and a few other goodies!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Randy has more photos coming soon, but here's my update: We replaced the doors with 2 new mint rust-free doors. Randy has finished the basic shape of the front fenders. We decided to reduce the size of the flare and widen the body of the entire length of the top of the fender. This will not only match the rear better, but will make the entire front end look wider! Here's some pics of the master's quality work :)
fender3.jpg

fender4.jpg

fender2.jpg

fender1.jpg

Other stuff for your interest: Fuel door hardware relocation:
fuel2.jpg

fuel1.jpg

Front LED side markers I've decided to go with. They are for a late model Mitsubishi EVO, ordered from the UK. I think they will nicely match the rounded wedge shapes in the Bomex front bumper. With the angular stock-bodied MK3 these might look out of place, but my car has got so many curves in the bumper, fenders, and sideskirts, that I think it will really update the look of the car. I want average folk to think that the car is some 2007 prototype supercar when they see it :)
sidemakers1.jpg

sidemakers2.jpg

Made by Bonniebuttons on eBay: Got my custom boots and armrest cover stitched from extra leather and seude materials from my new seat covers. Sexy trim I must say! Getting the armrest cover to fit without wrinkles was a real challege. I had to pull it super tight in many areas and screw the material to the plastic underneath to keep it taught.
Untitled-31.jpg

Also, the full-bar LED JDM tail light retrofit is a go. I have separated all the JDM lenses from their housings, including the center lens, and will embark upon the challenge of soldering hundreds of Superflux LED's to 7 large PCB boards, complete with voltage regulators and pulse-width modulators to control brightness. This will radically change the appearance when lit. Every bit of red plexi in the lenses, including the edges, lines, and center peice, will light up!
Untitled-11.jpg

Last edited:

kntmikado

Rage Your Dream...
Apr 2, 2005
East Troy, WI 53120
My only concern is...

...with tires that wide in front, those pics make it look like there's going to be some insane rubbing when you turn the wheel more than... well, at all.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
kntmikado said:
My only concern is...

...with tires that wide in front, those pics make it look like there's going to be some insane rubbing when you turn the wheel more than... well, at all.

The pics in post #103 are updated. The fenders have been widened much more than the pics a few post back. With the suspension compressed to the top, the tire does not touch the fender.

The engine bay will have to stay as is for now. I may paint it and do some engine upgrades next year.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
tekdeus, your thread makes me cry it's so beautiful. i shed tears of widebody joy.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Tek, those side markers are dope... I have a set on my car from a Ford Cosworth... People are always asking me about them, it really stands out and looks good too... Keep up the progress, its looking great...

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Randy has finished the fenders and I just finished the LED tails and foaming of the framerails. Randy has been so busy making exhausts for you guys and my project is getting delayed! Despite that, the man's bodywork is flawless! The additional support and bracing of these exteneded fenders is hidden, but very well built.

Photos of the framerail foaming: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21218&page=2

LED tails thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50058

Fenders:
Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

DSCN0426.jpg

IMG_0175-(2).jpg

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Wow, that is beautiful! Can't wait to see it with some paint!

I'm making it my goal to see this car when it is completed, you better bring it to every local meet :D

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
that is beautiful!!!! Wow I wish I was west coast to check that thing out! I'm getting the wide body itch now as my car needs some paint and body work done!