Project "Big Nasty"

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
I have a 89 turbo that i bought a few years back for $200. After tons of hard work and reading its about ready to get back on the road, but i need some help. Am at the point now where am noticing parts that are missing before i bought it. Some also the a hack and slash job on alot of wires.

the engine when i got the car.
b4.jpg

the engine before i put it in the car.
l_e6ca6471a2fb572efe8e881db301fa19.jpg

i have more pictures to come but i have some questions
I thank everyone for their help!!

Heres a plug that on the transmission, what are the wire colors of the plug that goes in it?
IMG_2052.JPG

Heres the CPS that shows some of the hack job some1 did to the wire harness. i need to know which wires go together.
IMG_2059.jpg

Heres the water pipes on the side of the block. Where do they hook up to? i think one was even capped off when i got the car.
IMG_2057.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
#2 on the water/coolant pipe get pluged, and #1 goes to the heater valve on the fire wall.

Also the plug on the transmission I believe is for the back up lights. Is the wiring Long or short (if theres 2 coming out of the tranny, mine dose.) The long one (from the tranny gets ran up to the main wire harness under the hood and connects to a plug around the rear knock sensor and starter area. If there is a short harness on the top of the tranny, there is a long plug coming off the main harness under the hood that that one connects to. Kind of a pain to plug in because the plugs are on the top of the tranny, and only room for one hand. But all of this is on a manual tranny, I dont know if U have a manual or auto.

hope this help.

Last edited: