project 06 complete and thank you

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Please don't make him ban you Dave. Dyno videos are a small price to pay for keeping your SM membership in good standing...................:biglaugh:

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
I'm glad you are happy with it and thanks for the putting up with the long wait. You left someone out on the credits though, yourself for design and wiring.

Sean

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i appreciate all the kind words.

been working on the mafpro tonite getting everything setup w/ the config and firmware. once that is sorted gonna do some street tuning to get it close then fine tune on the dyno. i plan on 17psi for pump gas and 28psi for race gas. rest assured videos will come.

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
King Dave,
Congrats! Its been a long wait. Shoot.... we spoke about this like 2 years ago. It's great to it complete!
Let me know if you need someone to test drive it ;)
Good luck with it and enjoy the hell out it!!

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^That's because when it comes to his car, he thinks like a MKIV owner, works like a MKIII owner, and has the mindset of a mad man! :runaway:

He's crazy. Crazy, I tell ya. ;)

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
suprahero said:
I'm glad someone has a build complete. We may never get to see RM's............;)
:( Oh ye of little faith...

Looks awesome... I cant wait to here the numbers and see the vids...

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
as promised! finally got the problems sorted! thanks to all those who helped figure it out.

here is a quick vid of the car running. this is in the garage w/ my digital camera. its a little dark, but the audio is decent. still not the same as hearing the car in person tho. its pretty cool how the rumble you can feel in your chest.

http://smvideos.suprapics.com/index.php?action=list

dave_startup_07 at the bottom.

i just uploaded to streetfire as well.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/161db5f8-8cac-4e13-9402-98ae016131da.htm

if its still being updated check back in a bit.

Last edited:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Your running the Maft Pro with no ISC or CSI right?

Any issues?

I've been slowly working on mine for awhile now, but wanted to keep the cold start injector and idle speed control. (Will not keep either if I do not need them however. IT will make feeding the fuel rail simple like you've done with dual feeds on the ends, and return off the CSI port to the AFPR.)

I'd just plug the ISC with a plate and some sealant. (And one of these days I might go with a different manifold, but not likely.)

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
LoL.. At 1st Its like the beginning of a reality horror show. The one they strap cameras to there heads. Sounds real nice on vid but not as good as it does in person. Great that you have it worked out. Did it turn out to be the Map sens?

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
I believe it turned out to be a slow acting switch I put on for the idle validation. It was temperamental about holding adjustment. Nice work staying with it until you sorted it out and now start having fun with the car.

I just watched/listened to the video and it kind of sounds like that Top Secret R35 idling it that video you,Michael, and I watched.
Sean

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Dave, damnit, Want to have a "mini, mini, MINI" meet before mother nature falls on us? Lets meet half way...I want to see this thing. :love:

Supra

May 11, 2005
Rockford, IL
If this is the car Dave and I have talked about the past few days, IDL & E2 were staying shorted due to a mis-adjusted switch. Somewhat hard to troubleshoot - but cheap & easy to fix which is my favorite type of repair.

It does look very good. I'll check out the video once I'm back on my T1. :icon_bigg

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
Boost Lee said:
Emergency Brake and Door Ajar. ;)

*at least I think*. :D

bzzzt. 50% you fail! lol.

i missed some questions here, sorry.

yes the problem ended up being the IDL switch didnt disengage fast enough. there is a test where you short IDL to E2 (gnd) and bring the revs up past 1600 to test for fuel cut off. so once i got past that point it was cutting fuel just like it was supposed to do for the test. after some testing, found that the switch didnt fully disengage til ~2k rpm. so, adjusted the switch where it disengages faster and all is well. im not 100% happy w/ it, so looking to change the design slightly, perhaps going to a shorter throw switch.

thanks for all the comments! altho im surprised noone made mention of my supercharger sound (throttlebody) and me not paying attention and falling into the seat haha.

and mr ree- it's the door open and airbag light. when the alt fusible link was bad it caused a voltage drop and triggered the light. i need to reset it, but it takes like 3 hands and 12 fingers to reset that damn thing.