Progress on my Prosport stock cluster install

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Im doing something simliar... What I did was take the shade cups that come with them, and I inverted them in my dash, and using Loc-Tite vinyl/plastic glue, i melted them in... Then I molded the cups to the cluster, so its a smooth transition... Next, and I wish you did this because it looks a MILLION times cleaner, I painted the bezels of my gauges flat black... I used the same flat black to pain my gauge plate, and it all blends in nicely... Two things I like about using those shade cups, 1: it puts the gauge deeper, like the factory gauges are, and 2: the gauges are angled, like the factory gauges... I like how you did yours, like I said, the only thing I would do is paint the bezels... Get some blue painters tape, put it over the face, then use an exacto knife, or your thumb nail, thats what I did, and run it around the edge of the lens, peel off the excess, and you have your lens covered and protected, then paint, then peel the tape off the lense...

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
I like the look of the gauges. Good job getting them in there.

Reign - You post pics of your setup yet? Am really interested in how it comes out.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Yeah, that's exactly what I plan to do with my 60mm GReddy gauges that are sitting on my floor. I was going to remove the plastic cover from the gauges though, its harder to look through 2 layers of plastic than 1.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
I'm looking to put an autometer boost gauge in our stock boost gauge location and your thread answered the exact question I had about the circuitry.
I dont think i'll do it that way anymore, I got another idea that should be good. But your cluster looks really good like that. Just seems like more of a PITA than I really want to deal with, lol