Problems upon initial startup after new hg

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
Hi guys i just completed my hg job with a cometic 2mm mhg. I also added some goodies like 550's, MKIV fuel pump, afpr, lex afm, 12v FP Relay mod and Hardpipes. Upon initial startup i found out my oil was white/milky. Could this be beacause of my assembly lube? Theres NO smoke out the exhaust. the car studders when i give it gas. I'm getting 50psi at the fpr gauge and i cant turn it down. OH! and the vacuum is at 15 as opposed to 20 like it used to be. Whats going on here?
-Steve

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
1988SupraDreams said:
Cps installed correctly and timing set correctly... right?

supposedly. I havn't checked the timing. I'm too scared to run the car for much with the oil like that. I suspect the oil to be milky because of the costal assembly lube. What do you think?
-Steve

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
crrider80 said:
supposedly. I havn't checked the timing. I'm too scared to run the car for much with the oil like that. I suspect the oil to be milky because of the costal assembly lube. What do you think?
-Steve

How long did you run it for?

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
1988SupraDreams said:
How long did you run it for?

I mean it idles smooth and all and i installed the cps according to you guys... I've done this before. It'll run for as long as the gas in the tank will let it. But it just studders when i give it gas suddenly. If i milk the throttle, it will rev fine.
-Steve

Jason T

JZS161 Aristo TT
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland New Zealand..Aotearoa
crrider80 said:
Any idea why its all milky? I PRAY its not a HG issue.
-Steve

You replaced gasket with block in place right ?

You started with new filter and oil right ?

Did you drain all the old oil out or did the block sit with milky shit in the bottom end leaving a tide line inside ?

Remove cam covers and clean breathers thoughly with gas
Remove ALL breather pipes and clean with gas
Pay attention to breather tube behind alternator into block

Replace oil & filter start run to temp drain repeat

NAPA block tester FTW if you want to check for BHG

Hope is remains of first oil water mix

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
Jason T said:
You replaced gasket with block in place right ?

You started with new filter and oil right ?

Did you drain all the old oil out or did the block sit with milky shit in the bottom end leaving a tide line inside ?

Remove cam covers and clean breathers thoughly with gas
Remove ALL breather pipes and clean with gas
Pay attention to breather tube behind alternator into block

Replace oil & filter start run to temp drain repeat

NAPA block tester FTW if you want to check for BHG

Hope is remains of first oil water mix

Yes to all except I had the motor out on an engine stand to clean everything and fix the pan leak.... i still have that damn leak.
-steve

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
GrimJack said:
You did check that the rivets in the Cometic don't sit on the sealing surface, right? Otherwise it won't seal worth a damn...
been there done that. See, i dont understand how coolant would get into the oil if i didnt run the engine long enough for the coolant to pressurize and for the coolant to seep into the oil. Which is why i doubt the bhg.
-steve

Last edited:

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
I guess im in denial about having a bhg. I just gotta buck up and face the facts. Oh well.... back to the lab in the morning.
-Steve

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Sounds ominous, also 50psi base fuel pressure on 550's will be whats making it run shit car will be silly rich at that fuel pressure. Have you drilled out the J-tube??

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
Down but not out said:
Sounds ominous, also 50psi base fuel pressure on 550's will be whats making it run shit car will be silly rich at that fuel pressure. Have you drilled out the J-tube??

the j tube is bypassed
-Steve

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
GrimJack said:
You did check that the rivets in the Cometic don't sit on the sealing surface, right? Otherwise it won't seal worth a damn...

And you'll have a warped head.

But anyway, clean out the millk and run it again. If it gets milk twice in a row, then yeah... prepare for the worst. My supra had the milky cap once, but that was because it sat in my driveway for 1 month through the winter and somehow moisture go into the valve covers, which made it's way up into my oil cap. After a day of driving, the engine didn't make any more milk. haha.