Problem Solved 3:)

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
As many of you probably know, I have had one hell of a time over the last couple of days, what with cars blowing up, then buying another parts car only to find that it very well may have low compression, bad rings, bent valves...whatever, I dunno. Did't check it. Very well may be the TPS or something. But whatever.

I am moving on.

Wednesday after school, I am driving to the bay to pick up a red 89 turbo 5spd. I am not sure if I should be spreading this, but my younger brother know very questionable people in the greater Stockton area that, for 120 bucks, will pass any car in a smog check. This helps be because the soup I am picking up is fairly heavily modified. He has paperwork to prove it all too.

List of mods/ spare parts are as follows:

3" alum, rad.
lexus afm
550's
aeromotive FPR
ct26 57 trim @18 psi-lol
COMETIC MHG WITH ARP'S!!!
crap k/n filter
aftermarket intercooler with 2.25" pipes
hk$ bov----PSHTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSS
walbro 255
3"DDP
profec boost controller
AEM wideband
an A'pexi neo
Innovative motorsports datalogger
brand new rod bearings
1 piece alum propshaft
3.90 lsd

I am not even going to say how much I am paying for it. I feel like I'm stealing.

Plus, not installed on the car are some sweet h/r springs and tokico struts, and all the stock parts that were removed.

Just wish it wasn't red. But hey. Whatever.

:)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Nice thing about red cars is that they come with grey interior. Bad thing about them is the police magnet attached to the rear bumper.

Is a car like that actually tough to smog down there? Seems like virtually none of that can be easily identified as other than stock... and when it comes to numbers, as long as there is a cat on it, seems like it should pass.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Grim, the CARB is what sets the emissions control standards for the rest of the country (USA). CARB is the most strict. :/

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I realize that... but are we talking about full day inspections where they tear the thing apart or something? There's no way to identify an upgraded CT turbo without disassembling the car, for instance.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
You will not pass CA emissions with even an air filter without a carb/eo number on it, let alone intercooler, intake piping, downpipe FPR etc. BTW why does this thing have "brand new rod bearings"? Sounds like someone got rod knock and threw some new bearings in it..

Last edited:

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
I have not borrowed any money at all, it was given to me. And as far as smog goes, I said in my original post my younger brother who has led the most questionable life thus far, knows people that, for the right price, can pass anything...

But again... I am not too sure I should be spouting off like that...

I dunno. Whatever. F0okin love affairs...