Price on a 92 MKIII?

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
I currently have an 88 Supra Turbo and was considering selling it to my roommate for 3k or 3.5k after I get the AC, heat, and cosmetic issues taken care of. Shouldn't take more than 500 for that stuff. Maybe 7. Well I know a guy here that wants to sell his 92 Supra Turbo and he's asking 5500. This is the main reason I was considering selling mine because the 92 is gorgeous with all maintenance receipts kept up with. Even the engine bay is clean. Is he asking a bit much? Just wondering if I'd be wasting money and should keep my current "fixer upper".

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
92 are more rare and some have black leather and some have sunroofs. And a cd player and a sub. And there a tad heavier.

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
It is dark green, and its a 5-speed. An auto is just a waste of a Supra in my opinion. If I remember correctly it was a hardtop, but its been months since I last saw it so I may be mistaken. I do remember thinking "wow this car is gorgeous". Besides on my 88 I would convert everything to 89+ except for the front end so why not just save myself the trouble? lol

TRD4Life

Aug 5, 2010
Reno, NV
What part of NV? It would be sweet to have a 92 Supra here in NV, Since I'm the only one that I know that has a 91 Turbo Targa up here in Reno, NV.

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Lol Actually dude its Reno. If I end up keeping my 88, which may be the case due to money needs you'll at least have an 88 Turbo Hardtop out there with yuh. Also mine is sorta a project so if you'd be interested to help out Supra noobie like me that would be great.

CATarga

May 22, 2008
Grass Valley, CA
If you aren't able to get the '92 before you move to Reno, don't worry to much, you can often find clean '89-91's for under $3500 here in CA. I have seen '90 turbos on car lots for as low $3900. The MKIII's have very little value here in CA when compared to the rest of the country. A lot were sold here, and since rust isn't an issue, most have survived. If you are set on selling the '88, it might be better to sell it before you move, chances are unless it is clean, you wont get what your roomate is willing to pay for it now. Deals like this '90 Turbo targa for $3k obohttp://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2538675235.html, is the norm, not the rare find.