pretty sure turbos dead

ft413

learner
Sep 23, 2008
EL
now im pretty sure my turbo is going. the first problem is i bought a 62-1 trim ct26..... i know i know soo stupid. but the reason i think this is i have massive amounts of blueish smoke coming from my muffler(oil burning?). also my ic pipping are filled with oil. i just wanna make sure this is my turbo and nothing else i have to worry about. thanks in advance.

ft413

learner
Sep 23, 2008
EL
well the turbo had a lil bit of shaft play befor ill check in the morning. excuse my noobness but whats pvc? intercooler pipping? and the car was running fine before tthe turbo which leaves me to belive it is.

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
ft413;1315259 said:
well the turbo had a lil bit of shaft play befor ill check in the morning. excuse my noobness but whats pvc? intercooler pipping? and the car was running fine before tthe turbo which leaves me to belive it is.

PVC is a type of piping used in lawn sprinklers. PCV is positive crankcase ventilation. it is the tubes coming out of your cam covers and running to your throttle body and intake tube.

Check your shaft play if it is sloppy pull the turbo and look at the exhaust manifold outlet, if it is dry and the exhaust of your turbo is wet then your turbo is dead.