Pre 89' Supra is MUCH better looking than the 89+ models

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
Supra's are like women.... they all look a little different and those attributes are what attract us to them. The important thing to remember its that hot little motor we all love and with enough money you can make her what ever you want.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
^ i will agree the pre 89 bumper looks funny at certain angles. If i can find a post 89 bumper for cheap i will prob buy D:

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
I am all about 89+. I think the front facade looks much cleaner and more aggressive. The interior is more updated. The tail lights flow with the rear. The spoiler is clean and more aerodynamic looking.

That said, Pre 89 isn't bad looking, especially when presented well. I think where it lacks is the tail lights, and most people agree on that.

Here's the thing though... Many people would say the same things that I wrote in my opening comments about the MKIV vs the MKIII, so it really all just comes down to how you see the lines of the car. I have personally heard people say that they think the MKIII in general looks outdated and way too 80s-ish. But I think a proper MKIII Supra is one of the coolest looking svelte GTs ever produced. Especially if fitted with some 17s or larger and dropped a bit (I think the Eibach drop looks perfect). The larger wheels combined with the lower stance makes the whole car look smaller, meaner, and more agile.

Personally, I love the look of the MKIV too, whereas others in this thread hate it apparantly. Some day, I will own one, so I can have MKIII and MKIV side by side in my garage. Oh Bless-ed be the day.

Last edited:

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
RazoE;1704059 said:

OMG Razoe....that site is the honest truth lol. Angles is what its all about. Lookig at the pre-89s from a straight side shot, the spoiler looks too small and the front bumper doesnt sit flush or even with the underbody lines. (looks shorter than the rest of the car)

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
one9.jpg

I think I'd like to try one of these bumpers (Kaminari IIRC).. Josh's car looks kickass with it.

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
all of those are amazing! i guess im just not one to
agree that they look bad from certain angles. i would
take a pre 89 over 89+ any day because like this post
states, its looks more mean and aggressive.

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
This argument is as dumb as two girls calling each other fat even though they're both the same dress size.

Or two guys calling each other poor even though they both live in the projects.

Or one guy calling another short even though they're both the same height.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
csr ma71;1709555 said:
This argument is as dumb as two girls calling each other fat even though they're both the same dress size.

Or two guys calling each other poor even though they both live in the projects.

Or one guy calling another short even though they're both the same height.

where did you get the idea that this is an argument? I have read every comment in here. I haven't seen a single argument. only opinions. Me thinks you are reading through glasses of your own special tint. could be you csr.

oh and none of the examples you gave are arguments either.

>> girls in the same size dress can call each other fat and agree.
>> maybe one guy in the projects is just about to move out because he inherited a million dollars and it's sitting in his bank account.
>> one guy calling another guy of the same height short might just be pointing out the obvious. him being the same height does not make the other guy any taller, so calling him short would still apply. and besides that, the other guy might agree completely, removing any possibility of an argument.

Last edited:

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Welp here is a comparison.

My car 1990 with pre 89 front (shadow gun metal) My friends 89 (white)
Just sold mine a couple weeks ago :(

p1709906_1.jpg

p1709906_2.jpg

p1709906_3.jpg

p1709906_4.jpg

Maybe a quick vid helps

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
I had two sexy supras parked next to each other at the shop. One 87 and the other 92.I have had countless non supra people tell me that they like the 87-88 look better. They all say the 87 looks way more aggressive.
Here is mine
Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1305257095076.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1305257095076.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 42

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
Crypton2006;1710018 said:
I had two sexy supras parked next to each other at the shop. One 87 and the other 92.I have had countless non supra people tell me that they like the 87-88 look better. They all say the 87 looks way more aggressive.
Here is mine
Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Definitely! and nice paint job by the way!
im liking the wide flat faced rims! looks great!