power streeing pump help

Sisco

Jul 28, 2007
Playa Vista
My p/s pump gave out on me yesterday, so i got a new one and i put it in today, but my steering is still super hard i dont know what the problem is? Everything was put back in properly, fluid level is fine. Any suggestion?

Getsideways86.5

supra chris
Mar 1, 2007
Fort Wayne Indiana
you could also have a bad rack n pinion.. i thought mine was the pump and it turned out to be the rack.. it gets real hard spots in it from age and then it just goes bad, it'll also make it real hard to turn and eventually blow the new pump.. just some food for thought..

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
Power steering pump.....,

We don't need no stinking power steering pumps.

Get rid of the ac and the heater core. Tear out the back seat and all the plastic.

You don't even need a glove box. It's really only there so your chick won't catch on that your a closet racer.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
I would be checking flow through all of the lines before I went much further. I have seen enough trash in the return lines coming out of the resovoir to affect performance. Also any kinks in the lines can cause this as well.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Is the PPS wire connected?
I have had hard steering, but then looked at the PPS wire (blue wire, white plug, if connected would be located near the engine fuse box) that was disconnected, connected it, and voila, perfect.

Sisco

Jul 28, 2007
Playa Vista
Well i ended up taking the pump back to were a bought from and they exchanged it for other one. I restalled it and flushed out the fluids, bleeded it and it started working fine but now the steering got hard again, and the pump is making a whining noise again?

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
When you poor power steering fluid you need to do it without breaking the flow of the fluid.

This is one way air gets into your p-stump system. Which is what's causing the whinning sound.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Read my previous post and IJ's post very well. Then do what we are suggesting. Stop throwing the same parts at the car hoping it will fix itself.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Sisco;988270 said:
Well i ended up taking the pump back to were a bought from and they exchanged it for other one. I restalled it and flushed out the fluids, bleeded it and it started working fine but now the steering got hard again, and the pump is making a whining noise again?

Try bleeding it again and did you use power streeing fuid or ATF?

Suppose to use ATF And check the screen like IJ suggested

Sisco

Jul 28, 2007
Playa Vista
AJ'S 88NA;988349 said:
Try bleeding it again and did you use power streeing fuid or ATF?

Suppose to use ATF And check the screen like IJ suggested
thanks guys i did everything like you guys said and it works great now.. I flushed all the oil out, bleeded and used ATF and it works fine now.