Post pics of black engine bays

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
My car was planned to be themed black/blue/white. I just got rid of my white wheels, and not much else is white. My engine bay looks like ass and its time to start cleaning/painting crap.

I'd like to see some engine bays on black/dark blue cars only. I"m trying to get an idea of what I like better, ie. chrome, black, blue, white, red.

I'm leaning toward dark blue/silver/black. Anyway post up some pics of black bays, don't have to be elite or even clean. I'd like to see a variety of colors. Thanks!

Here's what I'm working with for reference.

Attachments

• i-engine.jpg
    i-engine.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 113
C

cnewingham

sm_photo_missing.jpg

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
futeki_supra said:
just find the "elite engine shot" thread, it is like 50 pages of peoples engine bays, I am sure there is a few black one in there

Yeah theres "a few", it seems everyone in that thread is red. That's why I started this. And there's only like 2 7ms, the rest are 1jzs. Nothing wrong with other engines, but seeing some dirty 7ms would be nice.

Looking good so far, keep them coming.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
staticpat said:
Yeah theres "a few", it seems everyone in that thread is red. That's why I started this. And there's only like 2 7ms, the rest are 1jzs. Nothing wrong with other engines, but seeing some dirty 7ms would be nice.

Looking good so far, keep them coming.

mines sorta black ;)
that was a week ago, it's almost all done now

Last edited:

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
^^ what's the purpose of that? just the look?

Too bad the contours of the engine bay won't allow for better transitions between the sheets.

Ninja Edit: I really like the idea btw. Definitely a good different.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I really hope you do something to make that CF enginebay stuff look cleaner. Right now, with all the overlapping sheets, it just doesn't... I don't really know what you can do about that other than laying the sheets in the same direction as the weave so it all looks uniform.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
OneJoeZee said:
I really hope you do something to make that CF enginebay stuff look cleaner. Right now, with all the overlapping sheets, it just doesn't... I don't really know what you can do about that other than laying the sheets in the same direction as the weave so it all looks uniform.

i'm learning as i go bud. it looks better with every pc. i put on:icon_bigg
the strut tower threw a wrinkle into things..lol
i was going to match the body paint, but decided to try something i've never seen before.
as far as the cf shortage...... i'm not in the market at all...but managed to get some with only 2 phone calls ;)
and can now get as much as i want :evil2:

emission

1.5JZ powered!
Jun 11, 2005
Long Beach, CA
catback said:
mines sorta black ;)
that was a week ago, it's almost all done now
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ive seen this done to smaller cars in japan. But not the engine bay but to the entire interior floor board on a AE86 Corolla.

Just wondering if thats where you got your Idea.:naughty:

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
futeki_supra said:
why?

are you strying to like stiffen that area or something?

i have removed alot of things and i was left with alot of bolt holes. and had to fill them lol
just thought i'd do something different.
here's the rad support..
sm_photo_missing.jpg