Status
Not open for further replies.

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
IJ.;1359203 said:
It's just a car.... :nono:

damn you sound like a 12 year old when you start dribbling this crap

No, a chevy is just a car. If you don't care about your Supra, sell it. You could make just about any car go fast, why waste your time on your "just a car".

sogi99

Jan 2, 2008
Elk Grove, CA
I sold my last 87 turbo in midnight blue to my friend. At least I get to see her every once in a while. The car is not as clean as when I sold it to my friend kinda hated that. I sold the car in 2005 and I got an itch for another supra and I found a 1990 silver turbo and targa 5 speed it was a good deal I can't pass it this was december 97. For the money they are willing to pay I say sell it. Especially how the economy is and people are so uptight with their money sell it just my 2 cents. For me, I've always wanted a kouki mk3 supra to begin with.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Well it seems like most of you guys think $6k is a good price for my Supra...I should probably list it's upgrades, and highlights so you have a better idea.

-Stock headgasket w/ARP Studs torqued to 81ft/lbs using Moly. 20k miles, and still holding fine.
-57 trim CT-26, with around 5k miles on it...currently at about 10psi.
-Made 300WHP on the dyno.
-JDM Tail lights
-Autostrada Modena 17" wheels with new tires.
-Near mint Burgundy interior.
-New A/C evaporator and Drier filled with R-134a, blows ice cold.
-Nakamichi Double-DIN Cd Player.
-Three way crossed-over speaker system in either door with separate tweeters mounted behind the mirrors.
-Full three-inch downpipe, and 3" HKS Drager replica catback.
-TRD shift knob
-JZA70 Springs.

I'll post anything else I think of.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
rayall01;1359427 said:
No, a chevy is just a car. If you don't care about your Supra, sell it. You could make just about any car go fast, why waste your time on your "just a car".

And so is a 20 year old Toyota... grow up it's just a car nothing more there is no "mystique" where do you get this bullshit, they're all just cars.

I chose my Supra for it's dynamics and the suspension layout not for some make believe feel good wannbe exotic fantasy...

I can pretty well afford to buy whatever I want within reason I still own my Mk3 as it's what I want.

When I'm done I'll part it and cut the shell up with the plasma and not give it a second thought.

Reading garbage like this makes me embarrased for you...

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
IJ.;1359623 said:
And so is a 20 year old Toyota... grow up it's just a car nothing more there is no "mystique" where do you get this bullshit, they're all just cars.

I chose my Supra for it's dynamics and the suspension layout not for some make believe feel good wannbe exotic fantasy...

I can pretty well afford to buy whatever I want within reason I still own my Mk3 as it's what I want.

When I'm done I'll part it and cut the shell up with the plasma and not give it a second thought.

Reading garbage like this makes me embarrased for you...
I'm with you on this.
It's as if you guys never been attached to something that actually matters.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
And it's not his fault you're 51 going on 22. I can see it coming from kids and 20-somethings (same difference) but becoming overly attached to inanimate objects is a something you should have grown out of long ago...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
OMG you guys.

Sounds like you all are a little jaded. Hey, it's great that you have you way of being logical about the Supra, the car hobby, etc, but not all of us feel THAT way and it would be appreciated if you didn't insult us for not having your line of thinking. I have a huge attachment to my car, yes, my 2800lb inanimate, rusty, piece of shit object. I fought long and hard to keep it, and it means more to me than just a way to get around.

Who the hell are you people to decided what we should be attached to? What actually matters? As long as it's not an unhealthy obsession, there's nothing wrong with it, so keep your cynicisms to yourself you crabapples. :p

If you can't determine that your family, friends, kids, etc come before your car, hobby, whatever, then you need more help than what SM has to offer.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Sell it. Its really just a big peice of metal. Save up a few more $'s and buy something sweet, thats not 20 years and has over 200k's miles.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Wow, this thread took an interesting turn...even JetJock got involved! D:

I won't lie and say I'm not attached to my Supra, but I know it's just a car and I'd sell it in a heartbeat for something more important... My issue is that I have SO much time and effort, not to mention cash in this car...I'm just trying to decide if it's worth selling or not.

I have somewhere around $11-12k in this car, but I've put about 20k miles on it, and have had more fun with it than any other "inanimate object" in my possession lol. So I guess I've gotten my share of use out of it. I'll just have to wait and see if this guy actually comes through on the 10th...he may see the car and try to lowball me, which I won't tolerate.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
rayall01;1359664 said:
It's not my fault you're a jaded old fart, with no heart!:sarcasm:
No Heart? YOU have got to be fucking kidding?

Having said that it's still just a car...

A Veyron is "just a car" they're ALL JUST CARS....

In the 12 years I've owned my car I've put more effort and dedication into it than you will if you live to be 100 and still own yours.... :nono:

Tanya;1359705 said:
OMG you guys.

Sounds like you all are a little jaded. Hey, it's great that you have you way of being logical about the Supra, the car hobby, etc, but not all of us feel THAT way and it would be appreciated if you didn't insult us for not having your line of thinking. I have a huge attachment to my car, yes, my 2800lb inanimate, rusty, piece of shit object. I fought long and hard to keep it, and it means more to me than just a way to get around.

Who the hell are you people to decided what we should be attached to? What actually matters? As long as it's not an unhealthy obsession, there's nothing wrong with it, so keep your cynicisms to yourself you crabapples. :p

If you can't determine that your family, friends, kids, etc come before your car, hobby, whatever, then you need more help than what SM has to offer.

Who "insulted" you?

Status
Not open for further replies.