Possible Engine Swaps

snafu5962

HONDA HATER
Apr 6, 2005
southern pa
Well i have a beat to hell 7M-GE that has a countless amout of problems with it and i am going to swap the motor...but first i want to know my options. Ok guys...help me out if u can...these are the motors im looking at: 7M-GTE, 1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GTE. What do i have to do for each of em to put them in (i.e. simple swap or u gotta custom fab this this and this)? Which makes most power/has most potential? Which is most reliable? And lastly, which is the best all around?

Thanks guys...i know this thread was prob. on the old site but now its gone so i cant do a search! :nono:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Difficulty wise
7MGTE- prolly best bet easier to find than the other 2 and cheaper
1j-hardest to find but cheaper than the 2j still goin to cost around 2500
2j-easier to find than the 1j but harder to find than 7MGTE, some of the lexus cars had them in it, cost is around 3500+
hope that helps and ne1 that thinks this is wrong info please correct me.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
D34DC311 said:
Difficulty wise
7MGTE- prolly best bet easier to find than the other 2 and cheaper
1j-hardest to find but cheaper than the 2j still goin to cost around 2500
2j-easier to find than the 1j but harder to find than 7MGTE, some of the lexus cars had them in it, cost is around 3500+
hope that helps and ne1 that thinks this is wrong info please correct me.

no lexus ever came with a 2jzgte, perhaps they came with 2jzge's, though i'm not sure. any lexus w/ a 2j TT is swapped.

easiest is by far a 7m swap, and the parts are cheaper, and you dont have to source them from japan, like you would if you got a 1j.

2jzgte is a sick swap into the mkiii, though it requires a little custom fabrication...

-shaeff

Arther3

Remember SOGI? I do
Apr 1, 2005
Starkville, MS
www.cardomain.com
well no lexus came with a 2jzgte but toyota's of the same body style in japan did. (i. e. the Aristo; a gs300) im not saying their good for swaps, just that they exist, ( I KNOW, YOU NEVER SAID THEY DID'NT.)

Arther3

Remember SOGI? I do
Apr 1, 2005
Starkville, MS
www.cardomain.com
ALSO, to adequately answer this thread's question would require the writing of a short essay. If i were YOU i would stick to the 7mgte. personally, i do not like the handling of the supra to invest the money required to swap a 2jz. i would rather turbo an sc300.

*insert flame here*

snafu5962

HONDA HATER
Apr 6, 2005
southern pa
ok thankis guys....7M-GTE sounds like its it. Cheap: i found i can get it for $700 + s&h. Powerful: found out it can handle lots of power. Easy: found out its a pull out put in swap. Thanks guys