Porsche 911 Gut check

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
Just got back taking a joy ride in the 91t 5 speed and had some fun with a late model 911 carrera. It is a cool 37f here in Houston and the Supra was running crisp... I pulled up next to what I thought was a late model Boxster at a stop light and was thinking easy kill.... We took off and I ran it out in 1st gear just enough to know if I was in a race and yep he hit it too and pulled ahead. So I hit 2nd hard and after getting a little squirly the Supra sat and dug and I went past him. Then 3rd, and he was never past my rear tire. Then at the second light I knew it was on and did it again... then the third light, the same thing... then 4th light... he pulls off.

Oh yeah, after the first run, I realized it was a 911 and thought I would have it handed to me but it never happened... They were all short 1st - 3rd runs and nothing super top end fast. But I hope I left him wondering why a $3500 car made his 50k+ car get a slight spank'n.... :sarcasm:

13 psi....

7m
.20 JE Pistons
Eagle rods
port and polished head
MKIV fuel pump
AFPR
Garrett GT 35r
Fidanza FlyWheel
AEM Cam Gears
3" Exhaust all the way (Apexi N1)
HKS VPC

Last edited:

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
Scot;1208717 said:
Just got back taking a joy ride in the 91t 5 speed and had some fun with a late model 911 carrera. It is a cool 37f here in Houston and the Supra was running crisp... I pulled up next to what I thought was a late model Boxster at a stop light and was thinking easy kill.... We took off and I ran it out in 1st gear just enough to know if I was in a race and yep he hit it too and pulled ahead. So I hit 2nd hard and after getting a little squirly the Supra sat and dug and I went past him. Then 3rd, and he was never past my rear tire. Then at the second light I knew it was on and did it again... then the third light, the same thing... then 4th light... he pulls off.

Oh yeah, after the first run, I realized it was a 911 and thought I would have it handed to me but it never happened... They were all short 1st - 3rd runs and nothing super top end fast. But I hope I left him wondering why a $3500 car made his 50k+ car get a slight spank'n.... :sarcasm:

13 psi....

7m
.20 JE Pistons
Eagle rods
port and polished head
MKIV fuel pump
Garrett GT 35r bb
Fidanza FlyWheel
AEM Cam Gears
3" Exhaust all the way (Apexi N1)
HKS VPC

After reading this, it sounds like a letter written to a certain magazine that could have started with: I was a Freshman in college...... lol

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Whats not to beleive, na 911s are only like 340hp and go like mid 13s. I outran one in my buddies turbo civic. Funny story behind that one, he was talking shit spanked his ass twice, then he tried to pull a fast u turn and I came from behind and strapped him up again.

But hes still getting the poon tonight.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Exactly.

Not turbo = NOT FAST

Might nail your ass on a launch because the weight is where it needs to be, but given the OP's mod list, the outcome is obvious...

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
gaboonviper85;1208746 said:
Yeah that's believeable....thought he was in a bone stock supra....

Sorry... I should update my sig if I'm going to post stuff like this... I knew it when I hit submit....

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
upgrades true... value on the open market, another story.... supra with those upgrades will get less than 4k... the 911 will get the 50k....

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
gaboonviper85;1208749 said:
I count atleast $3000 worth of upgrades in that list...so unless you got that supra for free it seems more like a $6500 supra (details man details)

Holy Crap.. I have been keeping how much I spend a secret... I don't even tell myself! I've been telling myself it's an "investment" haha

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
One also has to consider that an N/A 911 isn't designed as a straight line fast car to begin with... slot it up against the supra on a twisty road and I'm sure our old Toyota would be put in its place, assuming equal drivers... Stock for stock, restored... Victory wouldn't come easy for even a moderately modded Supra: the porsche has alot of tire, alot of brakes, and alot less weight... and enough power to do the job with ease. Alot of short comings the supra suffers from the factory.

Speed is a relative term... a friend of mine with a Porsche 996 wanted to run me for pinks down a rather twisty section of road. I offered drag race from a dig or nothing... needless to say there was (and likely never will be) any race.

Also, consider that the OP is packing a GT35R under the hood, the Porsche was more than likely stock N/A and didn't get completely crushed, just beaten (never past the rear tire).

Good run.

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Good kill....nice race!
As for Porsche,if it doesn't say "turbo" on the back then it is a dead meat!
I outrun every Porsche model right now except the 996 & 997 turbos and the
GT2. I am almost full bpu++ mode on my 2JZA70 stock twins!
With the N/A Porsche models the only battle will be from a dig,cause they
launch very well! The not so heavy "911" chassis,the rear engine set up,
and the good mechanichal/tech components (race oriented) that these cars
have makes them a very difficult opponent from the stoplight:icon_surp
From a roll,not even a competition with a 400+ rwhp supra :biglaugh: