Poly Bushings from ES

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Just finished the front end bushings and found that the following 'generic' energy suspension polyurethane bushings work for our car.

Part # 7.6104G Bump Stops. (requires a small sleeve to fit over shock rod tip to hold it firmly. ID is just a tad bit to larger and wont stay at the top of the shock without the sleeve.)

Part # 15.6103G Coil spring isolator (replaces stock rubber piece between spring top and shock mount, also has relief cut out to fit springs that are not flat on top)

Part # 9.9484G Shock eyelet bushing (must have roughly .10-.15" from outside diameter to fit eyelet hole. Also needs small spacer shim to extended crush sleeve length or separate crush sleeve that is roughly 1/8" longer)

Looking into the subframe bushings next.. Has to be something close that can be turned down to work.. Any body with an OEM front and/or rear bushing please PM. Need measurements or bushing if possible.

happy modding...

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
thanks for the tip, i litterally JUST finished all my bushings/struts i did all energy bushes from driftmotion and also got DM's rear subframe spacers and now its sitting on h&r race springs on tokico illuminas.

today i went to toyota for bump stops and lmao'ed all the way out the door, they wanted like 65 bucks for each rear bump stop and like 30 each for the fronts.

these are the energy suspension bump stops i modified to make work for the rear...kind ghetto the way i did em, but theyre very functional and only cost around 15 for 2 of em so it was worth a try.
131637d1323553697-coil-bucket-contact-bumpstops-energy-suspension-9-9101g

here is how i cut/chopped it up. flame at will, i prob deserve it...its better than running nothing at all. also please note that im not trying to add a viable replacement to stock bump stops, but a temporary one that im trying as of today.
p1920530_1.jpg

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
grimreaper;1920436 said:
Part # 15.6103G Coil spring isolator (replaces stock rubber piece between spring top and shock mount, also has relief cut out to fit springs that are not flat on top)

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip, i just did my brothers suspension with those coil springs insulators, tokico shocks and eibach springs. They worked awesome....:icon_razz

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
suprajztwenty;1920530 said:
today i went to toyota for bump stops and lmao'ed all the way out the door, they wanted like 65 bucks for each rear bump stop and like 30 each for the fronts.

The rear bump stops for the 91+ cars are a lot cheaper from Toyota, and fit just fine on any year. Fronts should cost you $13 online each.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Just installed the spring isolators and they worked awesome. Anybody have any feedback on long term use?

Also, I just used the Moog bumpstops available at O'Riellys for like $17 each, and they are a really nice piece.