Poll: What Colour to Refinish OEM 91-92 5Spokes in. *Edit* Mounted onto Supra :)

What colour to refinish 91-92 5 spokes wheels in

• Total voters

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I recently purchased (well my sweet mother did as a Christmas gift) a good set of OEM 91-92 5Spokes and im deciding what colour they would look best in to match my car.

Heres pics of my car

p1477570_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

*yes i know there are sawblades in the pic but that will change soon and yes i know it needs a drop*

Im leaning towards a slightly darker OEM Silver with a hint of gunmetal.

Tell me what you think

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Where the "Keep the sawblades' option?

I'm usually not a fan of them either, but on the two tone they just look "right"...

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Poll is essentially EVEN on all options! Funny... we're little help so far!

I think any of those would work. I like the way the OEM silver helps keep them apart like fresh sneakers. You'd have to keep them clean.;)

-crisp

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
I think Charcoal like the JDM JZA70R had the 5 spokes in is what looks best, I cant help it I just love that color on those wheels

I am not sure if that was what you meant by gunmetal or not so I hit other

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
JDMMA70;1477755 said:
The TT-R wheels are gunmetal/graphite/charcoal what have you

Sorry should have asked before voting

Does anyone have the color code for the original factory finish on those wheels as I would really like to get mine re-done or do some MKIV 17s in the same color

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Ill keep my Sawblades as i have two sets. However im just going with something different here while staying OEM.

It seems OEM Silver and Gunmetal are tied. Noone likes a Slightly Darker Silver?

Anyone manage to do a photochop yet it would help.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I just did quite possibly the worst wheel photochop in history using Microsoft Paint

Anyway here are chops of Silver and Gunmetal as they are the two in the lead right now

Silver
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Gunmetal
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Lets get the final votes in now wheels are due in on Tuesday. Im starting to get paint supplies.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Poodles;1477851 said:
After seeing that, color match em to the silver on your car...

As much as I love the charcoal I have to agree with you after seeing the photochops

The Charcoal works more on single tone darker color cars

BTW dude I like the two tone look, there are 2 2-tone Suprs in my city I know of, one is Maroon and silver and the other I cant recall but I think it might be blue and silver like yours, I liked the look of both