PnP aftermarket brakes

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hey folks, just looking for some brake options to replace my worn OEM junk hardware. I swear I saw a Brembo Kit with rotors, pads, and even included SS brake lines... But for the life of me I can't locate it.

For the most part I am looking for information on which pads and rotors would be the best for a street car putting down around 300 at the wheels.

Thanks for your time,

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
CRsupraiii;1791747 said:
Hey folks, just looking for some brake options to replace my worn OEM junk hardware. I swear I saw a Brembo Kit with rotors, pads, and even included SS brake lines... But for the life of me I can't locate it.

For the most part I am looking for information on which pads and rotors would be the best for a street car putting down around 300 at the wheels.

Thanks for your time,

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone
Hi Joe,
I've looked into this vendor on Ebay, after getting a referral from Cajunkenny here on SM: http://stores.ebay.com/Revolution-Brake-LLC/_i.html?_nkw=supra&submit=Search&_sid=24980592and I know for me that I wouldn't want the drilled rotors.
Also ARZ Performance on SM has a tried and true system, for those wanting to buy from our vendors.
HTH
Van

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Well I don't have the funds for a BBK on the front nor the back... I was looking for something more along the lines of good pad and rotor combinations, and I would very much like to stay away from slotted and/or drilled rotors. If I have to buy the stainless lines separate I can easily get them through Driftmotion, or any of our other friends.

Anyone still running stock calipers? What kind of pads are you running?
Rotors?

Just gotta slip these in before summer. Probably try to paint the calipers while I'm at it.

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
CRsupraiii;1792329 said:
Well I don't have the funds for a BBK on the front nor the back... I was looking for something more along the lines of good pad and rotor combinations, and I would very much like to stay away from slotted and/or drilled rotors. If I have to buy the stainless lines separate I can easily get them through Driftmotion, or any of our other friends.

Anyone still running stock calipers? What kind of pads are you running?
Rotors?

Just gotta slip these in before summer. Probably try to paint the calipers while I'm at it.

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone
I'm on stock calipers (rebuilt) stock pads and rotors on the street; Porterfield R4-1 pads and their cryo treated OEM option for track days: http://porterfield-brakes.com/manufacturers/shop/Brake+Rotors.html , and this combo works well w/ my Supra. Very little brake fade on 100 degree days at the track!
HTH Van

SVTkid

Jan 8, 2012
St. Louis
If you want a bigger front caliper the 5th gen celica all-trak two pots are a direct bolt on for our supras. As far as rotors, either brembo blanks or ebc, Ive always had good luck with them. And for pads, if you use the all-trak calipers you can get some hawk hps' or if you stick with the oem supra caliper the carbotechs are the best bang for the buck. If you want high end pads at a price you could get the endless or project mu pads.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
SVTkid;1792870 said:
If you want a bigger front caliper the 5th gen celica all-trak two pots are a direct bolt on for our supras.

There's also a version of the Previa with ABS that has 2 pot calipers, but it gives you very marginally more piston surface and isn't really worth it unless you need to replace your calipers anyway. Here's the thread on it, and make sure you read all the way to the end...there's some bad math in the middle of it...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?28815-Dual-Piston-Previa-Caliper

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Thank you all for the info!! I guess I will wait to see what Albert and Steven can offer the front kit for. The rear Brembo swap looks pretty damn easy. My pads and rotors are just beat up, haven't had a chance to replace them until now. I may go Brembo blanks and those nice Bobcat pads to last me until I have bigger twins and truly need the extra clamping force.... Thank you all for your input! Keep the info coming!! Especially interested in bad experiences so I can strive to steer clear of previous mistakes.

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone