Please.....help...

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
I hate to tell you man but it sounds like you drove this engine into the ground. You will need a new engine. Sounds like to me the engine locked up. The grinding noise you are hearing is the starter grinding on the flywheel. If I was you I would sell what you have and find a nice reliable honda and have someone else do the oil changes and maintenance for you.

I'll let you know now owning a Mk3 supra is not cheap. For someone to fix your issues it will cost you anywhere from 2000 to 10000 dollars depending on who suckers you in.
If you want there is tons of information here to help you out and tons of helpful people. Don't go cheap either if you decide to do this because the 7m engine requires you to take your time and do everything right because it is not a forgiving motor.

Most people don't have the tools or the knowledge to build this engines right so plan on spending a lot of money.

If you do decide to take this on good luck to you and I'll be awaiting your next thread.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
So that's pics of one car..... :nono:

OP is either a LIAR or a Moron that's now wasted ALL of the $$$ his GF fronted him, hope she's a trust fund baby and can afford to piss it all up against the wall...

Not really sure which is worse at this point ion time.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
You know....When I first joined up, I thought this place would be a nice, cool place to try and learn about a car that I really enjoy, despite all the heartaches it can bring. But now that I am in this position, I find a lot of you are nothing more than elitist assholes. To those of you who have been patient with my ignorance, and kind with your words, Thanks you.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
I was just kidding, calm down.

There isn't much anyone can do without actually being where you are. Even if we are there, all we could do is point fingers and tell you what you can fix, and what you can't sell on the forum because it has grenade shrapnel in it.

I do stand by my post that states you need to introduce your first to your brothers face, ribs and kidneys until he pays up, whether the car was in dire need of attention before driving it or not. In the end, HE TOOK YOUR KEYS. DROVE YOUR CAR. WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. His fault, he pays up, end of story. Don't ASK him, TELL him.

edit: Oh, and you won't be able to fix whatever is wrong with it without pulling the engine and taking it fully apart. There isn't any halfway, maybe, sort-of fix.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
SideWinderGX;1660249 said:
Try sending a picture message to an EMAIL address, it works from my phone and works from all my friends phones.

Instead of typing in a phone number, type in whateverthef@hotmail.com (or whatever). Tada.

IJ: bearing material can't get past the filter, do you think he sees the remnants of the camshaft bearings? Maybe one of the lobes fell off...

Ummm not sure if this was <sarc> intended or not but 7M's don't run cam bearings.....

Lobes are cast iron and not copper so don't think that explains the mystery Copper under the Oil Cap..

91blackeye;1660251 said:
You know....When I first joined up, I thought this place would be a nice, cool place to try and learn about a car that I really enjoy, despite all the heartaches it can bring. But now that I am in this position, I find a lot of you are nothing more than elitist assholes. To those of you who have been patient with my ignorance, and kind with your words, Thanks you.

As for being an "elitist asshole" guess you could try telling that to the 100's of N00bs I've spent hours helping over the years here they might disagree, I don't deal well with stupidity and that's all you've displayed since day 1 here and seem inclined to not learn from your mistakes.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Well....I am hoping maybe....3,200 dollars can get it running again? Forged rods and pistons would be the big money, right? A good friend works at a machine shop...But hell...I am so ignorant, I do not even know if it is ok to reuse arp's and a metal head gasket...

3,200 bucks....it's a start, right?

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

also, I got it to turb over for a few seconds, it was running, and had a very loud sound coming from it...but it isn't siezed....

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
You can reuse both ARP's and MHG's, as long as you clean all the Viton off the gasket first. As i said, before you get ahead of yourself, do the necessary tests before you start ripping into it. It can't hurt, and if you know what you're going to find, it'll stop you from losing hope halfway through the rebuild when you hit an unseen snag and run out of cash. 3,200 should be enough for the machine work and essentials to get the motor running again. Pistons and rods with rings will probably run you around 12-1500 alone.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

What was the sound, and STOP FUCKING STARTING IT!

ANd for the record, how do you know you have ARP's and a MHG?

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
91blackeye;1660261 said:
Well....I am hoping maybe....3,200 dollars can get it running again? Forged rods and pistons would be the big money, right? A good friend works at a machine shop...But hell...I am so ignorant, I do not even know if it is ok to reuse arp's and a metal head gasket...

3,200 bucks....it's a start, right?

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

also, I got it to turb over for a few seconds, it was running, and had a very loud sound coming from it...but it isn't siezed....

yeah 3200 is a good start. the arps are reusable

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
91blackeye;1660168 said:
I meant no CAMERA camera, Ij, I have a camera on my phone, my 11 year old sister has one too. everyone does. Mine just can't send them out, unless I text again, no sd card, or way to get it off the phone. It is a metro pcs free phone you know? give us 80 bucks, first month is free, we send you a 50 dollar redbate, for poor ass people like me...
Did you ever read the users manual so you could transfer files to your computer. I was just saying because most metro pcs customers don´t give a damn about the users manual nor terms and conditions. I used to be a customer rep for Metro Pcs, so I kind of figured out you might fall into that category. BTW.... if you need help post pictures videos or read the TRMS for the mk3, have patience, watch and learn. Just don´t come here demanding help and acting like a jack ass. I really hope you find the help you need dude. If you have 3200 to spare just do a 1jz or 2jz swap

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
I know it has arp's and mhg cuz the guy showed me receipts of it being put on...he seems a pretty straight up guy, he still texts me about the car, says he misses it and whatnot. Again, with as much boost as it was pushing, and how hard I drove it before I bought it, if I were being scammed, I feel very confident it would have blown up then....But hey...what do I know anyway....

SORRY, I JUST HAD TO KNOW IF THE MOTOR WAS USABLE!! I am calling a pretty reputable shop from my area tomorrow, see what they can do. They have worked on import turbo cars before, had one in a car show...

might be pricey that way though, but a phone call can't hurt.

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
Maybe try calling the guy you bought the car from? He might rip your head off for killing his baby, but he shouldn't mind helping you out if you seem like you're willing to learn and you have the money to fix her.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
IJ.;1660260 said:
Ummm not sure if this was <sarc> intended or not but 7M's don't run cam bearings.....

Lobes are cast iron and not copper so don't think that explains the mystery Copper under the Oil Cap..

As for being an "elitist asshole" guess you could try telling that to the 100's of N00bs I've spent hours helping over the years here they might disagree, I don't deal well with stupidity and that's all you've displayed since day 1 here and seem inclined to not learn from your mistakes.

I was kidding, journal bearings and cam lobes don't just fall off, afaik :p

OP: stop turning your car on, you need to fix what is wrong with it. If you don't listen to any of us you're going to get no help at all.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
SideWinderGX;1660279 said:
I was kidding, journal bearings and cam lobes don't just fall off, afaik :p

OP: stop turning your car on, you need to fix what is wrong with it. If you don't listen to any of us you're going to get no help at all.

But but I posted the Bunny that's helpful!! :runaway:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Am i missing something? You have more than enough money to buy either a running motor or junkyard a motor/rebuild yours or the junkyard one and still have some left over to eat at McDons for a month..