places to find mufflers

supratkfy

Mar 30, 2005
San Francisco
ok..i'm looking at getting a dual tip magnaflow to make my exhaust look stock...but all the ones i see i don't like how the tips sit either too short or toospaced out.anyone got one on thieircar that looks decent. with pics? if u guys do what part number is it?

and if anyone else know where imight be able to find a dual tip exhaust other then magnaflkow? that sounds good. remember i want to keep the stock looking one. HKS Turbo Sport is way too much for me. pacesetter i couldn't find aany muffler online. what other brands are out there and if anyone know some sites that i can take look at? there was one on supraforums where some guuy picked up an audi muffler that looked really good and welded it to his 3 inch system. looked good but can't find it. so any help w/pics of their exhaust would be great. thanks

yankiwi

Aug 27, 2005
DFW
Here's mine.

Magnaflow #12298. 3inch in, dual 3in out. Sounds awesome, nice and deep.

Paid $78 shipped from Performancepeddler.com

Exh8.JPG

supratkfy

Mar 30, 2005
San Francisco
hey i actually saw that...is that how big the outets are? what are the dimensions of the outlets? or did you put some tips on it? let me know thanks

yankiwi

Aug 27, 2005
DFW
The outlets are 3 inches, just like it looks in the pics. I like the no rice look of it!

The outlets are only 3 inches long as well, from the end of the can to the tip. I was going to add longer shiny tips because at first it looked too short. But I like it now.

This is a great muffler, straight through and great sound, no droning noise at all. Thats with a test pipe and no resonator. I expected to put it on and not like the drone. I anticipated having to add a resonator, but I don't need to. At WOT it scares small children and the honduhs they are driving:biglaugh:

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I ebayed a 3" in dual 2.5" out and some rolled tips, all magnaflow. total was a little over $100 i believe

Attachments

• artrear.jpg
    artrear.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 35

supratkfy

Mar 30, 2005
San Francisco
3.5 inch tip still seems very big....i live in CA and i just got pulled over for modified exhaust...almost got sent to state ref...luckiliy he didn't kno i had no CAT...i want tips that are about 2.5 or 3 inch maybe?

the magnaflow 12298...that looks decent...i might go foor that one...anyone else?

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
I looked on Magnaflow's website...the smallest they sell are 3in, they actually sell 2.5 as well, but the tips are funky shaped, like kinda oval and extend at an angle...for $255...

On a side note...I LOVE the way the Magnaflow muffler for WRX's sounds...is there any muffler that will make the 7M Supra sound similar, or is the WRX's exhaust note the way it is due to the Inline-4 Turbo?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440

supratkfy

Mar 30, 2005
San Francisco
hey where do you guys pick up your flanges for exhaust? like i don't want my entire exhaust welded...i want to be able bolt and unbolt the cat...and then theres the midsection after the cat...to the bolt section for the muffler...i want to be able to switch exhausts and not have it welded...not sure if my local shop will have those flanges...esp in 3 inches. whre can i find one?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
The engine design is similar, yes. But it's a 4cyl whereas Porsche uses 6cyls primarily.
There are differences among the similarities.

Same like B16 vs 4AGE. you know? they're both 4cyl's, but they're far different, as different companies designed them.

supratkfy: You can get flanges locally at exhaust shops, or our vendors can help you with that. I bought a Random Tech 3" 2-bolt mild steel flange a while back that I have no use for. PM me if you want it. I'll ship it out monday.

supratkfy

Mar 30, 2005
San Francisco
how about the 12278...it looks somewhat smaller tips...or can i just add other tips to it? i'm not sure if the 3 inch is too big...is it noticeable with the 3 inch tip that the exhaust is modified?