Pictures of pre 89 with facelift rear lights applied anyone?

gttwinturbomk3

May 17, 2007
New Zealand
Hi there people,

I am wanting to see what a pre 89 with the 89 + rear lights setup looks like has anyone got any pictures?

I know that the molding in the centre is different but was also wondering if anyone has gone about changing that to suit there pre 89 moldings?

I think that it would be better to change that if i could, rather than just painting it.

Thanks

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
gttwinturbomk3;1464603 said:
Hi there people,

I am wanting to see what a pre 89 with the 89 + rear lights setup looks like has anyone got any pictures?

I know that the molding in the centre is different but was also wondering if anyone has gone about changing that to suit there pre 89 moldings?

I think that it would be better to change that if i could, rather than just painting it.

Thanks

usually when people do the swap// they swap the two lights and the center piece aswell.. and it looks exactly like the 89+... other then maybe the body moldings..

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
^^^What he said, you will need all 3 pieces to do the conversion since the 89+ lights are longer than the pre 87.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I don't think you 2 understand what he was saying.

But I had 89+ lights on my pre 89. I did not bother changing the molding because I was just going to get a whole matching set. I have seen people remove the 89+ molding from the center piece and glue on the pre 89 molding.

Pic of said old car.

p1467348_1.jpg