Picking up a MKIII '87 NA

Luda

Dec 3, 2006
Virginia
Im working the details on a 1987 N/A Supra. ive been lurking these forums for a while, and since im probably going to be getting my supra this week i figure id better join.

the Motor has ~ 146K on it.

some paint fade from where the bra was located on the front.

other then that its in AMAZING shape. the guy im buying it from is a good friend, and hes is METICULOUS about his cars. so hopefully we can work something out payment wise, since i cant afford to drop 4 grand ATM, but he said hes willing to work out payments.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
If it is as you describe then it might be worth it. IMO 4k is pushing it. But good luck with it. Oh and Welcome to the forums you should learn alot here.

Luda

Dec 3, 2006
Virginia
talked to the guy last night, looked @ the car. its got like 160K miles, i was misinformed on that. but the motor has been well maintened. there are logs going back to the day it was purchased. this guy is ridiculous about his cars. Bremebo crossdrilled / slotted rotors, OBX headers + downpipe, new alt,starter,ac,rack and pinion, 2 sets of wheels [stockers and aftermarket] 2 COMPLETE interiors, the stock leather and the cloth, the cloth is installed right now, 1/2 the weight of the power stuff. plus all sorts of other random little parts here and there.

and i wish it were turbo, but considering the extra crap im getting, the fact that he's taking payments, and that i can always go back to him for any help with the car, i think its a worthy investment. i can always swap to the GTE motor once it gets warmer. i just want a fun DD, seeing as my 240SX is always breaking something or another.

http://f7.yahoofs.com/users/1FizVT.pzHXe/__sr_/1681.jpg?tkn=phoJYdFBkAjTPR5o&saveas=87supra
http://f7.yahoofs.com/users/1FizVT.pzHXe/__sr_/38ac.jpg?tkn=phsXYdFBMZxP0MRX&saveas=DSCN0408
http://f7.yahoofs.com/users/1FizVT.pzHXe/__sr_/3885.jpg?tkn=phsXYdFBiptoNrwL&saveas=DSCN2459
http://f7.yahoofs.com/users/1FizVT.pzHXe/__sr_/73ac.jpg?tkn=phsXYdFBwk93MoYe&saveas=DSCN2462

im very excited.

taking the final look on thursday and then if i still like it im buying it.

Luda

Dec 3, 2006
Virginia
im going to night to pick it up... SO FUCKING EXCITED ZOMG.

there will be a plethora of pics, when i get it, then when i swap the system in, and when i do the headers. system on thursday, headers on saturday.

Luda

Dec 3, 2006
Virginia
bad news, the security system freaked out and killed the starter, and i dont have the time to get it til friday. so im delayed, but i will have it on friday, even i f i have to push start it.

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
Yes the price is a little high for an n/a, but if you like this particular car alot go for it. Have some extra cash ready for fixes (bhg) ect that might occur in the future.

Last edited:

Luda

Dec 3, 2006
Virginia
the guy is asking 2800$ for it, with cloth interior installed, and the stock leather comes with it. 2 sets of wheels [stocks and aftermarket, but with good tread] headers, brembo brakes + axis pads [cross drilled rotors if i remeber correctly.] if i were to just get the car it would only be 1500ish, but i want all the goodies w/ it :-D

i got a buddy of mine taking pics on friday night. and again on saturday during all the installs [stereo swap + headers]

and im already looking @ a metal headgasket

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Do your homework on that metal HG. Your block and head have to be perfect. An N/A can be a nice car, but if you want a turbo, it's the wrong way to go about it. I've been in the position of "he's gonna finance it, so I'm gonna talk myself into it" before. Just be sure it is definitely a good car first. That's a lot of money in a bad N/A.

Luda

Dec 3, 2006
Virginia
ive looke the car over, no rust, ever, runs smooth, new brakes + pads, and full maintence records. literally a 1-2 inch stack of papers and a log book full or records on the car. i know the guy, he takes amazing car of his cars, he just has 11 of them and need to thin his fleet down.