Photos comparing USDM side mirrors to (EDM?) Euro Manual Folding ones

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Riding on the freeway and a rock thrown from the back tire of car busted my passenger side mirror and the constant rattling up and down so i don't have a clear stable picture of the car in back of me made me call it quits on the USDM and ordered a set of Euro manual folding. The quality of the Euro ones are far superior to the USDM ones in my personal opinion for alot of reasons. Someone on here mentioned they're also heated, but i haven't tested that out as i have no clue how to even activate it. That probably explains why the Euro ones are alot heavier than the USDM ones. Here are some photos to just look at for fun for the guys who are kind of new to the Euro mirrors. Lots of guys on here have been doing this mod for years, but i thought i'd share my experience with photos. Don't know how to resize images so if they show up kinda of big i'm sorry. Enjoy!

These Pictures show the broken passenger side mirror.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

These pictures show the stress cracks running along the inside of the mounting standing thing, whatever you call it.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Best part of the Euro ones is that the mounting piece were the folding happens is made out of soft bendable plastic that will never have any cracks, and then the part that houses the mirror is still made out of the same hard plastic as the USDM ones. USDM sucks as its all one piece hard plastic!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

These last photos are just random photos and photos of when i installed them on my supra!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Nice but IMO RHD mirrors FAIL i know from experience...perhaps youll be able to deal with it. My first set were from the UK. Second set came from Germany and i love them and couldnt be happier. I have a thread on EDM mirrors. The heated mirrors is linked with the rear window defroster.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Yeah i haven't driven on them yet so i don't know how they'll do as far as reflection. Why you say they fail i would like to hear your experience on them. Thanks

Also, if i turn on the rear defroster then the heated mirrior would work? Thanks for the info man

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
they are RHD like stated, i had those before. They suck i sold them 2 days after getting them. I've been looking for LHD euro's but when i come across them id on't have the money for it sucks!~ lol

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
The RHD mirrors as the name implies are angled for RHD. Thats why you notice your driver side mirror is angled in more than the passenger side. The Mirror glass is the exact same on both sides, both being Convex. This is the same for LHD euro mirrors. Now because they are convex, even with a RHD the driver side mirror will actually be useful as it will show more than your standard USDM flat mirror would. However the passenger side is a different story. Some people have managed to get used to them, i tried and it freaked me out. I ended up getting a LHD set from Germany. Yes turning on the rear window defroster will activate the heated mirrors.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Lol, thanks for the cool reply. I guess i'm in for a big suprise then. If i don't get used to it i might have to go your route then.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Thanks for your link bro, that was some informative reading there. Wish i would have stumbled on your thread before i bought these. But i also did get them for pretty cheap and they're the similar color to my car so i can't complain much. I might try that shiming thing you guys were tempting.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I have a set of each, and the RHD mirrors are fine as long as you get one of those little stick on blind post mirrors. The LHD's are obviously better, I got mine from Germany..