Part of the graffiti I am doing for a competition

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Well, here is part of a piece of grafiti that I am doing for a competition at my schools Freestyle Club event. I will be spraying it on a 8x4 sheet of plywood so it is portable.

sqp9c2.jpg

The background will be painted to look like an old brick wall, using a deep red, and a nice cream color for the grout. The outline will be a 1" thick black color, the inner will be sprayed in a medium grey. The fill between the letters will be black.

Mind you, it was sketched in about a 15 min period, I havent done this for the past 5 or so years, so I am a little rusty. If you cant read it, it says PSYCO.

I think I might bring the "O" closer to the bottom of the S and have the "C" run all the way through.

What do you think?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It's your name and you can spell it how you want too, but it looks different without the "h" in it to me. I would definately bring the "O" closer. All of the other letters are on top of each other or overlapping and the "O" is just out there. Make sure you post up some pictures of the finished product, and good luck.

What class is this for?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
It is for a showing for my schools freestyle club, which is more of a hip-hop culture club. There will be rap battles, poetry readings, danceoffs and now graffiti at the event.

Ill post the videos up after the 5th.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
I have no experience with graffitis... I do draw tho and from looking at it, I personally would bring the 'C' down to about the middle of the 'Y'. Then play a little with the 'O' and see what happens. I also think that the 'P' and 'Y' should run into somewhat the same direction.

Just me tho. Definitely wanna see the end result.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
The showing came and happened, but I still havent gotten pictures back from the event. Looks like I will have to take my own. That design is way too hard for me, seing how I haven't been spraying for the past 4 years. I went back to my old design from highschool. Pic up later tonight. Im starting to draw another one out, ill get that one up soon as well.