Painted sawblades thread post up pics of your stock mk3 wheels painted

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
Gladstone, Oregon, United States
i just picked up a pair of stock saw's and they were ruff so i decided to paint them bronze 2 of the wheels i striped down to bare metal with a dremel tool the others i just sprayed to see what would happen i used a can of rust oiluem paint im about to put tires and mount them on my supra but just thought it would be cool to see what others have done to there stock sawblades

sm_photo_missing.jpg
p1818561_1.jpg

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
well the tires are garbage they were drift slicks i think the guy i got them from put them on a 240sx and the color is copper like a Pennie so i don't know what sewer you have been hanging in but id start scraping the copper off the man whole make some money lol also just wanted a unique color since Ive seen to many flat black saw blades running around

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
I can't see that color looking good on anything, including a brown body. I did plasti-dip, as you can see in my signature.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Copper looks good on most color Mk3's, but it couldn't hurt to tape off the tires next time unless you're going to be changing them out anyway.

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
well you never know tell you see them on the car maybe they will look good maybe they wont and if they look ugly ill just strip them down to metal and polish them up
Greek;1818692 said:
I can't see that color looking good on anything, including a brown body. I did plasti-dip, as you can see in my signature.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
So much hate in this thread...not to mention OP never asked for opinions on his color choice. Anyhow here's my car back in its sawblades days :p
p1819014_1.jpg

Personally I think sawblades look best when polished (not implying they look good when polished).

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

IMO, the best look for sawblades. Accentuate the angles and match the polished metal wit super rare metal capped centercaps.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Here's another vote for anti-paint! I used "Aircraft Remover", which is sold at auto paint stores in aerosol cans to strip them. It's about $10 a can, and I believe I used either 3 or 4 cans total. Spray it on, let it sit, rinse it off. I think I hit 2 or 3 tough spots lightly with a brillo pad. Once stripped, I used spray can clear on them. Sorry for picture quality, it's the only picture I have of them, and I no longer own that car.

p1819232_1.jpg