PAINT! WHAT ARE GOOD or BAD COLORS?

boostedma70

Sep 15, 2011
Missoula MT
Alright this is more of an opinion thread see what some people like what others don't...I have never seen one but I think a Baltic Blue from an mk4 would look really really good on an mk3

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Everyone and their brother has a 3E5 car. I'm partial to pearl white, black and midnight blue. Any darker shade of silver is pure win. Flat black done well looks tough. Honestly I think a dark green color would work well, but I've never seen a picture of one. About the only color I've seen on a MK3 I didn't like (aside from neon colors, which goes without saying) is gold. It just looks plain. Even pink isn't terrible lol

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Good greys look amazing, IMO. When I go to repaint mine, I'm thinking one of the Lexus black/greys that has a ton of flake to it. Working at Toyota, even some of the new Rav4's had *really* nice looking grey/metallic paint

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
no matter the color, focus on two key points: 1) bright colors attract attention, often not the kind you want. 2) some colors look clean even when the car is dirty (silver) while other colors look dirty if they arent spotless (black)

if i was going to change the color of my car, i would go to some new car dealers on a sunny day, and see what the newest colors look like.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I wish they would invent paint that changed color at the flip of a switch.... we have electronic valve actuation in 2011 but we don't have electro-change paint? Someone is slacking.

I think a MKIII would look sweet in a deep copper pearl with a slight color change...

IMG_2690-1024x682.jpg

Not saying this would look good on a MKIII, but I found this searching paint colors...
Mirra Chrome Gold:
33091230009_large.jpg

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
i saw a newer accord with an absolutely beautiful factory paint. i asked my buddies over at the dealership. Turns out to be honda belize pearl blue.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
White FTW.
i've had 3e5, lexus graphite pearl grey, but White is my fav.
its a custom White tho, no pearl and no other color pigments but white.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprarx7nut;1762100 said:
Good greys look amazing, IMO. When I go to repaint mine, I'm thinking one of the Lexus black/greys that has a ton of flake to it. Working at Toyota, even some of the new Rav4's had *really* nice looking grey/metallic paint

Whatever color my friend's 09 XRS is, is probably the color I'll end up going with for mine. Thing looks beautiful even when it's filthy, which is about your only option here unless you wash it every other day.

boostedma70

Sep 15, 2011
Missoula MT
I really love the mitsubishi evo color (blue bayou) only seen the color on an evo but its super nice... plus its called blue by you hahahaha

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Excuse me they actually call it blubyu blue