Paint codes, what's the difference?

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Need to do a little body work and found out there are two different paint codes for white.

Super white 111 (043) 89-92
Super white 1111 (050) 89-92

Does anybody know the difference between the two? Or are they the same?

Thanks, :)

Mike.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
They are not the same, or else they paint code would not have changed. Its likely just a minor hue change. I was trying to find a paint code formula for the two for a more specific breakdown, but any of the good sites require a membership.

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Ok, thanks guys. Is it listed on the door sticker or somewhere else on the car, what the paint code is? Right above the windshield is where I need to paint it, so I really need it to match...lol.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Also keep in mind if you're trying to match original paint, going directly off the paint code is not going to work. Paint fades/yellows with age, so you'll have to have it matched.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
Poodles;1872886 said:
Also keep in mind if you're trying to match original paint, going directly off the paint code is not going to work. Paint fades/yellows with age, so you'll have to have it matched.

It definitely won't be a perfect match, even my WRX which had newish paint couldn't even be blended when it had some work done.

They also say white is one of the harder colors to match and lay down correctly.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
You should have a badge in the door sill that has the VIN and all sorts of codes on it such as trim, transmission, etc. You should recognize most of the letters and numbers in that section (W58, G code for the diff, etc.) and I believe the first one is the "trim" or paint code (C/TR on 89s). They switched the firewall badge to there in all 89+ Toyotas