P vs. H series bearings, which should I use?

goliath

Fears no evil!
Mar 31, 2005
Lancaster, PA.
www.cardomain.com
I need opinions...

I'm currently rebuilding the bottom end of my engine. I'm replacing the stock rods with Eagle, the pistons with Probe and the bearings with Clevite. The Machine shop I'm using recommended H series bearings, but when I ordered the bearings from Titan Motorsports they recommended P series since I was not running a billet crank.

Not being an experienced builder, I would like to know what some of you have done and how it has worked out for you.

Some questions:

Which series did you use?
How much power are you putting down?
How many miles are on them?
If you did it again would you use the same series? Why not?

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
NDC bearings are awesome, they really take a beating with no problem. Too bad there is no ACL racing bearings for our car, they look to be different.

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
When I looked in the clevite catalog, I only saw the P series. CB-1437P for rod bearings. MS-1774P for main bearings. You'll also need the thrust washer set, TW-228S.

Really.. I'm a huge fan of toyota bearings. I've never had an issue with them.

goliath

Fears no evil!
Mar 31, 2005
Lancaster, PA.
www.cardomain.com
So as anyone had any concerns using the CB-1437P and 1774P bearings.

I'm asking because my machinist is telling me I need H series bearings since the stock crank is forged. Unfortunately his knowledge of import motors is not nearly as vast as his domestic knowledge. His, "this is what I've always done" statement is making me question if i have the right series of bearing.:1zhelp:

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
The worlds most powerful 7mgte uses Clevite "P" series (NDC) right out of the box and turns nearly 9800 rpms on them with nearly 1400hp. Tell your machinist the P series will work out ok. No one makes a H series or race series anymore that I am aware of.