Operation "Can't hear shit" *Pics*

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
You didnt have to cut a door boot. if you disconnect all the wires going from the door to the kick panel you can pull all of them through the door very easily and have the boot exposed and in your hands. But other than that very nice job. and good job with the shiny geological formation there, looks like it made you happy too.

On a second note, what the F are you putting through that door boot? looks like 10G stinger cable. what are you going to power with it?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Pernilongo;1412319 said:
You didnt have to cut a door boot. if you disconnect all the wires going from the door to the kick panel you can pull all of them through the door very easily and have the boot exposed and in your hands.

I was originally planning on doing just that, but the wire is so thick that it had to be fed through with the other wires already in. It was a very very tight squeeze. Not to mention I cut the f*ck out of my hand on a sharp edge in the door and just said "screw it" and cut the boots. I don't see it causing any issues and to me it looks fine. If I had to do it again I would use a flexible steel rod with the speaker wire taped to it and fish it through the boot into the door. This technique has worked perfectly for pulling harnesses through the firewall.

Pernilongo;1412319 said:
On a second note, what the F are you putting through that door boot? looks like 10G stinger cable. what are you going to power with it?

LOL, 10ga. The wire is 4 x 12ga twisted pairs wrapped in one casing. The wire is just as thick as my 1/0 ga power wire. I thought it was pretty cool since I've never come across it before. I'm running 350w rms to each door to components and just felt like running one wire per side instead of 4. Did the same thing with the 4ch RCA cable I ran on the passenger side; 4 rca's, one wire. The speakers are Orion HCCA 6S's and the juice is coming from the monsterous (have no idea where it's going to fit) Harmon Kardon TC600. The component's crossover accept up to 12ga inputs. A little overkill for the small distance I'm running it, but it was the only all in one cable I came across. And I'm one of those "you can never go too big" kind of guys :)

Last edited:

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Nice. i run monster cable 400 series which is also like a finger thick maybe 10 -12 gauge , but i didnt put crossovers in the doors i used thinner 14gauge wires to put through that boot and left crossovers behind kick panels.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Pernilongo;1412469 said:
i didnt put crossovers in the doors i used thinner 14gauge wires to put through that boot and left crossovers behind kick panels.

My Orion components don't have separate crossovers. The 6S just have one big VHS tape looking crossover. I'll have to mount it in the trunk, because there's no way that things going to squeeze into a kick or door panel.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
next time,you should get your helper some rubber glove's.really comming together nice though

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
tsuper92;1412556 said:
next time,you should get your helper some rubber glove's.really comming together nice though

Yeah, we just ran out of vinyl gloves and she didn't feel like wearing any of my greasy garage work gloves. She's not afraid of getting a little dirty.

supraduper

Jun 7, 2009
merrimack nh
sorry i didnt read the whole thread.. dont have time right now... but thought this was worth mentioning..

i also cant stand the noise inside.. and determined that on the highway most of the sound was from the wheel wells...

i had gone to home depot.. and picked up some tar/foil based whether flashing... if thats what its called..

its pretty much the EXACT same thing as dynomat but 1/4 the cost..

i lined the exterior of the wells with it after washing of course and used a roller for good adhesion... after i had finished that i sprayed it over with rubber undercoating...

it has made my car so much quieter... and a dream on the highway... all while i didnt spend more than $50

looks factory too, best part!

if this has been covered already, my bad

but great pics man, you do nice work... and so does ur girl

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Whew! Finally!

Dashboard is back in :icon_bigg

p1428388_1.jpg

p1428388_2.jpg

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Interior is going back in. Snapped some quick pics to show off some panels. Notice the shadow gray leather inserts were dyed a darker black. This was done with everything except the seats.

p1433474_1.jpg

p1433474_2.jpg

p1433474_3.jpg

p1433474_4.jpg

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Gratz on the wifey, and as it has already been mentioned..you do awesome work. Thanks because now I want to spend a shitload of money and do my interior black....LOL ! Seriously though, looks great and is inspiring...can't wait for updates !

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Doors are donedizzle.

They look freakin awesome! Vinyl painted with AutoMagic flat black. Plastic painted with Krylon Fusion. Shadow grey leather panel dyed dark black and rubbed down in Lexol conditioner. Lower door recovered with black carpet.

You'd think the panel was available like this from factory.:naughty:

p1436762_1.jpg

p1436762_2.jpg

p1436762_3.jpg

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
Very Nice Work!!! One of these days I will re do my deadning....shipping is more than the product itself when it comes to shipping here in the islands.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
This car will look amazing when done. I really like the look of the black interior but I always wonder how it will hold up over time and use. I guess only time will tell.