Ongoing General MRSO Chat Area

VA7MGE

Apr 21, 2007
Virgina Beach
s000pra89T;1686844 said:
Sup bro.....you back in town? Dyno is this weekend, actually...
whats good bro? i came back around December just been laying low cause of the damn cold weather. it sucked going from nice 70-80 degrees to 50's. ill probably drop by the dyno meet. car wont be running cause its sitting on jack stands right now.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1687244 said:
Ouch ! All the way down to the 50's !! Wish I had it so good ^^ Since many will be gathering this weekend I hope you all have a mini meet meeting ^^ Time is flying by and the sooner the Meet Thread is posted the better the draw will be ^^
Thread will be started by the weekend. Flyers will be done by today! had to add a few sponsors last minute, thanks Chase:wavey:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
So more on my ugly wheels.

I would take some pics, but prefer you all get a good laugh when you see them, and it will not offend me ^^ This guy really knew so little about cars, not only did he put some of the ugliest all chrome ET style Mags with bulges on each spoke end on the car, but the tire shop he used neglected to put the proper stock rear size on, they are the same front and rear. This gives the stretched look that I am not into at all in the rear. Money fixes most all car woes, but I am so Polish I will run these for the time being. Buying stockers @ $400 to $500 plus 2 correct size rears would run me $800 to $900. Seems silly if I plan to go CCW's next year anyway.

We have a warm day today, 67 right now, so I am off to the cave until the wee hours of the night. Hope all is going well for everyone.
Mark, these engines are in my way, we can talk about them at the meet.
Jordan, have the rear sunshade set aside for you. Will bring to meet.
Ryan, cargo cover will also be coming to meet.

Last edited:

rabrownmk

Apr 13, 2010
Chesapeake
Cant wait for this Sunday! Getting a little nervous though, car is still not done tonight. But he is promising me it will be done tomorrow...Saturday night may be a late night for me, lol. I'm gonna dyno no matter what Chase, even if I have throw my FJboat on the rollers, haha.

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
applesauce;1686042 said:
Nope you will be the only one:3d_frown:

Anyone want to :1zhelp: this guy get a gte... taking collections!!!

Actually BOOST if you really need a GTE motor then we can make that happen, I know of a couple w/o homes that are cheap and will be damn near given to you.

i bought one awhile back but after taking it apart found the only useful; thing was the block and had to bore it .40 over to clean all the pits out looking for something that i could out straight into the car if thats possible. dont have alot of extra money to rebuild it at the time the way i would want it to be. getting tires of beong the only n/a guy.lol

rabrownmk

Apr 13, 2010
Chesapeake
Wish we coulda had more Supras at the dyno event...sucks I was unable to get mine there. But Sixpatch got his strapped in and tuned, heres a couple videos:

[video=youtube;YycHTSACQRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YycHTSACQRE[/video]

[video=youtube;uCzWomhETs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCzWomhETs4[/video]

I'll let him tell ya'll the numbers ;)

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
The official numbers, to quote Jordan, were Bananas!
We all know the reputation the 1j has for being a "torque-less wonder", so we expected high hp, and crappy tq. Imagine our shock when the dyno spat out these uncorrected numbers:
285whp
298ft lbs
We were all looking at eachother scratching our heads when Keenan asked, "What exhaust do you have up there?" To which I sheepishly replied, "Stock".
So here it is, the numbers you can expect with a 1JZ sporting:
Stock Exhaust
Stock Cams
Stock Turbos
SAFCII
AVCR
Widebands
Walbro 255
Upgraded IC and Pipes
And a Koyo Radiator.
Oh yeah, and 17.62psi. *innocent smile*

We installed 440cc injectors, but since they're only running at 46% duty cycle, I'm confident that you can make these numbers with the 370's.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Thanks to rabrown for the videos! By far the best of the bunch. Im trying to upload some others too, but having problems.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Also, thanks to everyone who's helped make all this happen, Jordan, Joe and the WhiteZombie especially! Thanks to all who came out yesterday, it was great times and I look forward to doing it again in the fall when I have enough money for phase 3!

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Needboost;1688662 said:
hey sixpatch car looks good man. what branch of military were you in?

Thanks dude. I'm ex Army (armor). :) and ILOVETWINS!!!!

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
There'll be another Supra hanging out with Jordan and Glenn's cars...I'll bring it by tonight after my games.

Good numbers, Chase. I'm pretty sure you wanted more but hey....that's what Stage 3 is for, eh? ;)

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
s000pra89T;1688891 said:
Good numbers, Chase. I'm pretty sure you wanted more but hey....that's what Stage 3 is for, eh? ;)

Phase 3 or... "Operation 'Unleash the Beast!'" B-)
I can't wait to see what she'll do when she can inhale and exhale freely.

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Ohh, by the way.....I forgot to ask. A local guy on SF (don't think he's chimed on here yet) needs a stock exhaust and horn for his Supra.