Onceover.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;1990341 said:
Yeah, my 87 ran with the Cressida single tube intake and had good power early on but weak at top end, the Y pipe with the ACS gave you power throughout.

Yeah, you can feel it change when you go past 3,500 rpm.

Piece-it Pete

Oct 16, 2013
Cleveland
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The new engine intake had a metal 'y' but the mech thought he still had to swap the old one. I have contacted the supplier to see if he knows what year it is.

Pete

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm not familiar enough with all the Cressida years to answer, but any intake would work, if it's y, it's the ACS version. All the vacuum lines should be proper and everything should do well. I don't think there are variances in the y pipe designs.

Piece-it Pete

Oct 16, 2013
Cleveland
I do get the impression that perhaps the mech wasn't as familiar with it as he led me to believe. At least he was honest and held his price.

Anyone have any ideas on which of the accessories, alt, compressor etc my nephew should keep (they're so clean)?

Pete

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If your asking whats transferable between the Cressida and the Supra, I think everything is except the oil pan and sump. AC/ etc.. included. Because its a N/A I would get the AC done properly. Also, you should look closely at your steering rack and hoses because its easiest to do the hoses prior to everything being bolted up (just a little bit of a pain threading the main pressure line from the AC pump to the rack because it threads near the subframe). Make sure the hoses at/near the back of the block are NEW.. they are a bitch to do later.. lol.
I deleted my EGR because I could (legally) and because it was leaking and isn't monitored (unless your in California) by the ECU.. so you cant tell if its working properly. Not saying to delete it, but look at it.

You will find that, although the 7M is a straight forward engine, if you can find someone who knows the gremlins and understands the tiny things to do to avoid issues later... they are priceless. Im lucky. The shop working on my car basically wrote the book on 7M upgrades.. lol. They have done a LOT of 7M swap/rebuilds and know them intimately.

Its a 25 year old engine that is basically obsolete, so asking people in your area about "who knows the engine" works best. I think we have an area for where you are in the forum...

Piece-it Pete

Oct 16, 2013
Cleveland
Excellent, thanks. I wanted to know what bits he should keep. All hoses were changed.

I asked him about the AC and he said the window works :D I may fix it sometime this summer as a gift if my own cars allow. Good to know about the EGR too!

Pete

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
A/C is obnoxiously easy to make work.. I don't get why people just ditch it. Having a properly functioning r12 system in 100 degree heat, is honestly probably my favorite part about summer hahaha

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Backlash2032;1991225 said:
A/C is obnoxiously easy to make work.. I don't get why people just ditch it. Having a properly functioning r12 system in 100 degree heat, is honestly probably my favorite part about summer hahaha

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah, It's great having AC that blows around 38* in the middle of summer in a 27 year old car.